Solidscape 3D Printer

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Patternmaster (big one around 150lbs). Unit has fresh printheads and new material. Includes vac., monitor, cart, two build plates, new service kit, materials. printheads can be rebuilt for $250 at ballisticfluid.com material should be bought at jetwax.com . Includes software. Easy to use compared to envisiontec. Will sell for around $9-12k. Should go on ebay next week.

Make me an offer if interested, otherwise....it's off to market on ebay.
Jewelers love these and are very hard to find used. Should run forever.
The motors and belts can be bought just about anywhere for the next 100yrs.

Printheads can be rebuilt at many different places. Plenty of choices for materials also.

Scott

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Patternmaster (big one around 150lbs). Unit has fresh printheads and new material. Includes vac., monitor, cart, two build plates, new service kit, materials. printheads can be rebuilt for $250 at ballisticfluid.com material should be bought at jetwax.com . Includes software. Easy to use compared to envisiontec. Will sell for around $9-12k. Should go on ebay next week.

Make me an offer if interested, otherwise....it's off to market on ebay.
Jewelers love these and are very hard to find used. Should run forever.
The motors and belts can be bought just about anywhere for the next 100yrs.

Printheads can be rebuilt at many different places. Plenty of choices for materials also.

Scott

Are you in the flipping tech biz? Are you liquidating? Seems you buy and sell a bunch. Wish you luck on the sale

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
just having fun my friend.

3M ESPE has accepted three printers for Dentistry.

I wanted to try them all out before I pick my favorite, and to gain the experience.

I love machines! I have now completly taken apart and rebuilt all of them.

I will have no problem helping one of my labs troubleshoot and repair any of them. I now have first hand experience in working with them to help any lab make a decision on which one to buy.

Next, I plan on buying a 3D systems Viper, or an iPro SLA (laser printer)

Then a SLS laser sintering unit. All of those sell for around $500,000 or so.

They would print models for Invisalign and iTero, D4D, and the 3M COS, among other thingys.

The Solidscape is suited for a small lab. It only makes 20-30 units in about 19hrs. Pretty darn slow, but the output is smooth. Material is like a hot glue-gun, supported by a wax.

Can't ship it at all. It would distort. Easy to operate and maintain.

Should run forever.

The envisiontec is like flying the space shuttle, and is expesive to run, and hard to get going. It is the only one that requires daily calibration. The new owner has a piss poor attitude, and I think they are way over priced for a DLP projector and two motors in a box.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Solidscape's building is about 2 miles up the road from my work. I've heard from other people that their printer is well accepted by jewlers. Good luck with the sale.

Z

zdirectional

Reaction score
i run a pretty big service bureau with a variety of machines and I have to agree with *** about Envisiontec. Expensive, unforeseen costs. Piss poor attitude to customers. They tell you that broken machines will be repaired in days when in reality it takes months or never. Expensive $80000 paperweight. I have 3-4 associates with Xede, Perfactory, Ultra as well. And none of them say positive things about the company.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
i run a pretty big service bureau with a variety of machines and I have to agree with *** about Envisiontec. Expensive, unforeseen costs. Piss poor attitude to customers. They tell you that broken machines will be repaired in days when in reality it takes months or never. Expensive $80000 paperweight. I have 3-4 associates with Xede, Perfactory, Ultra as well. And none of them say positive things about the company.

This is why I use wax mills @ $10k each.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
What model? DWX30?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
No, the older one. JWX10, but we have used the 30 as well. These things are unbreakable, but cutting wax isn't too hard on the drivetrain.

The 10, wow thats cool, Thanks Mark. Thats good to know information.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
The 10, wow thats cool, Thanks Mark. Thats good to know information.

Another cool thing I like about milling is you can use all kinds of other materials in there. We pour up tooth colored acrylic and mill temporaries, and we use plastic to mill out trial bars and abutments, so we can test our prtototype designs before we mill the final products.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Another cool thing I like about milling is you can use all kinds of other materials in there. We pour up tooth colored acrylic and mill temporaries, and we use plastic to mill out trial bars and abutments, so we can test our prtototype designs before we mill the final products.

Milling prototypes would be a great advantage, especially on large cases.

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Mark, What do you charge for milled temp material.Is it acrylic or something like Luxatemp? Can you mill temps from a LAva file?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Samantha, we just got our software for that.
We need FDA material of your choice.

Any suggestions for temp material?

Luxatemp??

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Yea I had Mark send me wax block....I wil be in touch and will send it ahead of a file for milling.....I do like Luxatemp.....Are you providing the temp material? I would prefer not to breach any "agreement" you have with your systems by making my own block. Let me know., Is anyone for *** going to Chicago?

Samantha, we just got our software for that.
We need FDA material of your choice.

Any suggestions for temp material?

Luxatemp??

G

Glick Dental Art

Reaction score
Roland wax mill ?

We use Roland wax mills. Their headquarters is just down the road from me.

Mark,

What scanner and software are you using. Would I be able to use Dental Wings scanner and software? How does it work out on the margins? I am looking at a Roland JWX-30 milling unit.

Thanks,
Seth Glick

Top Bottom