Smart spacer

A

AL1

Reaction score
Does anyone use Taub`s stump shade die spacer?
I can`t find it in the Taub catalog.
Where do you get it and how much does it cost?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I ordered one shade from Taub since Zahn didn't have the right shade in stock. This is a good spacer, very thin......I'm now learning that many labs are not using die spacers with emax ? I now use one thin layer of Smart Spacer and rarely receive stump shades anymore..Beginning to think the stump shades are not necessary with full contour...?

A

AL1

Reaction score
Even when I get a stump shade, the assistants taking the shade screw it up and I end up re shading.
I usually use the peel off die spacer.
I think die spacer in some form is necessary with emax to get it seated all the way and to relieve the outward pressure of the cement.
I thought instead of replacing my stump shade material it would be easier and time saving to shade off the die.
007 are you going to get a full kit or just select shades?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I got the kit from zahn, but not all colors are available as refills. The colors arent real accurate compared to the ND guide.

C

charles007

Reaction score
AL1 .....if I received stump shades regularly, yes , I would order the kit, or at least some of the shades and thinner. I don't receive emax cases every week, and I'm not doing veneers. If I did veneers, yes for sure. I probably receive 1 stump shade out of 25+ cases. And I gave all my doctors a free stump shade guide.
When I finish a crown, I wipe off the spacer with acetone, and the margins appear to seat better...
Charles