Remote Designers?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No, most patients have no idea they can choose their lab and usually go with the drs choice.
Good, there's still a certain trust factor in that relationship.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
That's great and all but it's very rare for a patient to even know that the lab work is done elsewhere and not actually made in the dental clinic.
And how often is the Clinic willing to show them the lab bill?

I have been doing this for over 20 years and the only people that have requested that the Dr. send it to my lab is because I know them.

There is so much fraud and under the table deals. Reward Programs that are more in your face but still questionable as far I see it.
Its hard to compete when the lab down the street is giving up to 10% back on the lab bill to the Doc to purchase whatever they want.

And now we have to deal with DSO that started buying up all these Dental practices the ethics are out the window.
They get around the bylaws set by the CDA and is just all for profit for the private equity firms that own them.

I don't play those games and hope that the quality of my work speaks for itself. But to be honest I think that really only matters to myself.

D

Daniel Dental technician

Reaction score
this falls under the long standing - I'll do it myself that has plagued technicians since the beginning of our industry.

why?

$2,$3,or $5 per design

LET SOMEONE LEND YOU A HAND - PAY FOR THE SERVICE

WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER

look at all the major players around this country who realized during covid they didn't need these huge office spaces and many employees still working from home - yet we are all intent on sitting in the lab micromanaging every tiny part of the process on every single cases

20 units a day- $100 in design fees - well worth it to me
Hello, I'm new to this site) but I fully support your idea))
For example, I come from Russia and now (after the start of the war) live in Serbia and despite my extensive experience (12 years) I cannot get a job in a laboratory (legally and quickly),so my path is to work remotely (as a digital dental technician remotely).
I don't make 100 units a day because it won't be of good quality.
I make a maximum of 30-40 units (in Russia I was the owner of my own digital dental laboratory and never demanded more from myself or my employees, unfortunately the laboratory had to be sold due to government policy)
By the way, colleagues, can you recommend to me resources where I could find new clients for remote dental design, because I don’t have many of them now)) (I’m starting all over from scratch)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
That’s rough! What is the government reason for closing you down?

Try finding dental groups on Facebook and advertising there. Hope you can find enough!
Hello, I'm new to this site) but I fully support your idea))
For example, I come from Russia and now (after the start of the war) live in Serbia and despite my extensive experience (12 years) I cannot get a job in a laboratory (legally and quickly),so my path is to work remotely (as a digital dental technician remotely).
I don't make 100 units a day because it won't be of good quality.
I make a maximum of 30-40 units (in Russia I was the owner of my own digital dental laboratory and never demanded more from myself or my employees, unfortunately the laboratory had to be sold due to government policy)
By the way, colleagues, can you recommend to me resources where I could find new clients for remote dental design, because I don’t have many of them now)) (I’m starting all over from scratch)

D

Daniel Dental technician

Reaction score
That’s rough! What is the government reason for closing you down?

Try finding dental groups on Facebook and advertising there. Hope you can find enough!
I was lucky I was able to leave and remain a free person
I spoke out against the war that Russia launched against Ukraine
Russian authorities strictly punish for this, but my family turned out to be faster than the police in Russia
Мне повезло, что я смог продать свой бизнес (цифровую зуботехническую лабораторию),хотя из-за того, что мы продавали в спешке, мне пришлось продать все за очень небольшую сумму денег...

Thank you very much for the information, I hope that I can translate my experience and knowledge into remote work))

D

Daniel Dental technician

Reaction score
I was lucky that I was able to sell my business (a digital dental laboratory),although due to the rush we were selling, I had to sell everything for a very small amount of money...
(I accidentally wrote this in Russian in my previous message)

A

Alignerbase LLC

Reaction score
i am not aware of any service that does crown/implants only ..but we are doing clear aligner treatment/design through our platform , business is all right ...depends on the traction you get in the industry .