Quality of impression irrespective of material used

digvijay

digvijay

Reaction score
Dear all
I had been curious from a very long time since I started working as a dental lab manager irrespective how good or old practitioner is they all claim and fight giving you the best impression whether material is in tray or on floor.
I had been in arguments with many practitioners and with time I lost so many of them because I am running a lab not a clinic.
I had even been a victim of loosing work and accounts as many a labs work out on same impressions and make these dentists happy for same impression.
I feel so much bad about not knowing the magic of giving outstanding work on poor impressions.
Is there really a trick to work on poor impressions and retain your client ????
Please need a help here I run a dental laboratory in India and the technical support by dentists here is very minimal.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dear all
I had been curious from a very long time since I started working as a dental lab manager irrespective how good or old practitioner is they all claim and fight giving you the best impression whether material is in tray or on floor.
I had been in arguments with many practitioners and with time I lost so many of them because I am running a lab not a clinic.
I had even been a victim of loosing work and accounts as many a labs work out on same impressions and make these dentists happy for same impression.
I feel so much bad about not knowing the magic of giving outstanding work on poor impressions.
Is there really a trick to work on poor impressions and retain your client ????
Please need a help here I run a dental laboratory in India and the technical support by dentists here is very minimal.

Working on a poor impression, that I have no confidence in (if I didn't resolve it with a phone call to the Dr) is the kiss of death to any enthusiastic creative magic, or outstanding work that I may have otherwise done.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Here you go, this is quite good actually:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
How in the world (ok, WWW) did you find this one?? You're right, it is very well done, and I agree with their winner, Dr "K". Glidewell does it all ;)

P

Presswood

Reaction score
How in the world (ok, WWW) did you find this one?? You're right, it is very well done, and I agree with their winner, Dr "K". Glidewell does it all ;)
The best way to consistently recieve good impressions is to raise your fees.
The dentists that takes poor impressions are unable to see the difference between a $30 crown or a $300 crown because neither will fit in the mouth.
The dentists that are willing to pay more for their lab work see the difference in the fit & know the lab cannot make a crown fit any better than the quality of the impression.

digvijay

digvijay

Reaction score
its really very surprising when a dentist blames a lab for the misfittings and poor anatomy , at times i go and do the preparations and take the impressions even for shades also , poor patients i pity about who are being charged hefty by unskilled professionals.

Top Bottom