Partials/Flippers

T

todda

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the digital game and my lab is slowly transitioning into digital 80/20% analog. We've been looking and researching different methods but we are not close to figuring out the best solution to a couple of things. I'm hoping this community can help push our transition forward. We are currently using 3shape and have most of our work milled on PrograMill or printed with carbon. Currently, we are looking for the best way to make partials, specifically how to make clasps effective and what kind of material is best for partials/flippers? Thank you for your help in advance and I look forward to reading your posts.

T

todda

Reaction score
I was hoping there is a way around it. Thank you!

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
You can get around some of it. You can train your doctors to go to different labs for those needs but you'll lose that business and potentially more. In terms of partials you can Mill partials but you still have to process the acrylic. A nice option for milling partials without having to buy the Chrome Cobalt puck is solvay has a PMMA like material for partials.
If you want to go full digital just plan on losing a couple things.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Rpds are easy money though. And why tie up $100,000 mill cutting on a one unit acrylic puck.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Rpds are easy money though. And why tie up $100,000 mill cutting on a one unit acrylic puck.
RPDs are tough to do right. Its few and far between who can make an excellent frame.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
JKraver is exactly right, if you want quality RPD, there are only few masters...

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
Theres a guy on the east coast he runs a huge frame lab, all milled by metal printers not sure if mill or 3D but we are getting a tester frame this week I can update you on if its good or not, if it is good might be worth doing those printers. he bought one and does like 12k a day in production and bought 3 more absolutely insane if it turns out to be legit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I’m currently using Argen for my frames and my filament printer is perfect for models.

Top Bottom