Occlusion key scan - DWings DWOS user - problem

C

cos

Reaction score
I did scan the waxed up so they will be a real help for this case. The abutments of the bridges were customized for the paralelism and the insertion axis for the separate bridges, trying to be kept as high as possible giving the case above. Doese anyone know if I can install and purchase an Exocad software on DW (it's an open version) so I can use DW for scanning and design with Exocad as I read that Exocad is a more friendlier and easier for entry level? I do find DWOS cad design station quite difficult to get a smooth design, yet I'm a newbie. I dig the forum and saw that many users think the same about Dental Wings software.

Yes you can scan with DW then export scan files to Exo for designing
But not install Exo on DW, use another PC.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
3 mini implants supporting a full arch with posterior cantilever a good 2x the AP spread?
I would think DW would need someone to 'over-ride' the mechanical limits to allow the
wax up like this . . .
LCM
The software would never limit you as it has no idea what you are doing. The point is it allows the tech to position a defined amount of teeth efficiently as compared to designing one tooth at a time. This is obviously a example showing the steps with the new software not a lesson in case planning:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
In some software for implant planning, (like Nobel Clinician the last time I used it) - the set certain
parameters to prevent placing implants if they are too close to critical structures . . . just saying.
LCM

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have both DW and Exocad . Since you had the wax up , if you had Exocad it would work like a dream . Unfortunately DW is the worst CAD software out there , in my humble opinion . I have spent endless hours , puling my hair , trying to make things work , but with no result . At some point I just quit and bought Eoxcad .

Top Bottom