Nvidia GTX Titan -

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Played with this GPU card over the weekend (friend who works for Nvidia Taiwan hooked me up). While the current price point is as much as a standard Quaddros ship about $1000 ($999 i think),this card probably will start making it's way into some gaming laptop/PC rigs which means it will drop in price - of course the rig you buy will still be pretty pricey.

For those of you interested in the best of the best and not really needing to worry much for the next few years (aside from firmware updates) - this would be a pretty good buy.

It handled renders while I scanned + designed on Excoad, loaded a roundhouse on 3shape and another roundhouse on our other software.

I also had 3 1080p movies playing in the background with no lag or clipping.

Photoshop had a 18MP image open with animation sequences on it.

While I still would suggest an industrial card. This is a pretty beefy card and really blows all of the other gaming cards out of the water currently.

This was done on a:
i7-3960X CPU
32GB Ram @ 1600MHz
512GB SSD
Win 7 Ultimate

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
FYI -

1st movie: Avatar
2nd movie: Wreck Ralph (for those of you born post 1978 you will love the references in the movie)
3rd movie: Skyfall

lol

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Lol!! Awesome!!! I've been reading about it for the past week. Isn't the 690 still more powerful? It's a dual GPU but on one card. Just curious?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Lol!! Awesome!!! I've been reading about it for the past week. Isn't the 690 still more powerful? It's a dual GPU but on one card. Just curious?

I think only by a bit, but this would delete the need to run SLI (which I have never honestly liked anyway).

I think the value is that it is a single GPU. Of course it is a MASSIVE gpu, but still, it's one. lol

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Cool. Seems like SLI is never a full 100% increase anyways. I think more of this software needs to utilize the GPU more in the CPU area as well as unlimited CPU core number use.

Top Bottom