New whip mix pro press200 SP

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
This thing should do everything but with 5 castings only one has turned out using speed press throughly mixing 2min. burnout oven 1600.F calibraited press cycle, temp, this has turned desperate, air pressure is 72 lbs, entry is 700C high temp was 925 C Whip mix said up it to 930C didn,t work the last one I raised to 935C will find out in the morning if that worked, also hold temp is 15 min.
you guys always have a way to get things right.
Stan

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
You haven't said what the failures are. Short, cold press, cracks split rings ?
I have a non-ivooven and follow the temps for EP500 oven pg 60 in emax instruction manual. Use 5 min H2for 100 ring, and 7:30 H2 for 200ring.
PCI plus investment . One min mix.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Sorry

All are incompleate Round margins and less I use the Ivo plungers with alox, is this me or the machine can't keep on wasting ingots

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
All are incompleate Round margins and less I use the Ivo plungers with alox, is this me or the machine can't keep on wasting ingots

Are you using IPS Sprue guide . Helps keep units in the correct heat zone in the ring. Sounds like cold pressing. Keep within 10mm from wall of ring.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This thing should do everything but with 5 castings only one has turned out using speed press throughly mixing 2min. burnout oven 1600.F calibraited press cycle, temp, this has turned desperate, air pressure is 72 lbs, entry is 700C high temp was 925 C Whip mix said up it to 930C didn,t work the last one I raised to 935C will find out in the morning if that worked, also hold temp is 15 min.
you guys always have a way to get things right.
Stan

Stan, a couple quick questions.

1. Is the machine heat soaked when you try to press or did you just turn it on and try to go?
2. Is the burn out oven calibrated?
3. Are you using AlOx Plungers? This will necessitate a 10 degree additional increase.

Obviously, temperature needs increased, not a big deal really.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks today was better

Today batting 500. Whipmix said it was to cold, raised temp to 940C, increased hold to 20 min, burned out for 1 hr. but I got a dispersion, ain't supposed to happen with this furnace to this extent. How in the hell can any body make money with this much labor in a crown looks good, not better than my zirc. I have new found respect for Charles Rob and Al. I have a big row to hoe to catch up. Ivo has changed courses which will benefit me the most. Thanks to everyone for the good advise, I'm sure I will wear your ear out with more questions.
Stan

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
pressing is about time, temp, and pressure. I would not use cases that are due to dial in pressing parameters.

Make a die mold and wax to that and invest. First set ideal parameters and press a test. then move the temp up until you started getting bubbles in the press. Thats to hot so tone it back some then move down until the margins are a little rounded. Then increase the soak/press time until you get sharp margins again. Thats the lowest temp that you can use that will allow you to get the best press while changing the properties and shade value of the pellet as little as possible.

We have a line of matching pressing furnaces and they are all a little different. That is the way we dial them in. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
pressing is about time, temp, and pressure. I would not use cases that are due to dial in pressing parameters.

Make a die mold and wax to that and invest. First set ideal parameters and press a test. then move the temp up until you started getting bubbles in the press. Thats to hot so tone it back some then move down until the margins are a little rounded. Then increase the soak/press time until you get sharp margins again. Thats the lowest temp that you can use that will allow you to get the best press while changing the properties and shade value of the pellet as little as possible.

We have a line of matching pressing furnaces and they are all a little different. That is the way we dial them in. Hope this helps.

OR BUY A IVOCLAR PRESSING OVEN AND PUSH START !!:D

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
OR BUY A IVOCLAR PRESSING OVEN AND PUSH START !!:D

I can buy a few vials of pressing pellets and dial most any brand pressing oven in and afford enough ovens so there is no line in the burnout ovens and put a lot more money in the Roth IRA.

Ivoclar makes very good ovens and if we did not have a full time maintenance department they would look better to us.

I love those little emax crowns. They are easier than picking grapes and they are very profitable.

Why are you shouting?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sorry Tom, I'm still trying to get over the Tarheel lost to KY :( Maybe Al can have a mispress with his oven, but I want hold my breath on that happening anytime soon since he uses an Ivoclar Oven to..
Ivoclar users don't dial in with a couple viles of ingots, we press start and calibrate when ever we're in the mood...
Since its been over a year since I last calibrated my ep5000, I guess I should calibrate again..

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
Sorry Tom, I'm still trying to get over the Tarheel lost to KY :( Maybe Al can have a mispress with his oven, but I want hold my breath on that happening anytime soon since he uses an Ivoclar Oven to..
Ivoclar users don't dial in with a couple viles of ingots, we press start and calibrate when ever we're in the mood...
Since its been over a year since I last calibrated my ep5000, I guess I should calibrate again..

<Grin> Now see how i felt when Blue Devils lost last wk..

Always next yr matey. Cheers

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Today was much better

Cast three, all cast first two had alot of reaction layer, glass bubbled down to 927C, keeping the hold on 20 min,last one was a MOD inlay, margins were very sharp, I want to feel I'm out of the woods but what do I have to watch for. Dr. wants to get more out of a ingot, and learning colors, reading all the post on Emax I can.
Thanks again
Stan

Top Bottom