MODEL-LESS!!!!

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
actually i would say the Crystal Ultra from DLMS is better than LU - but we were hypothesizing just in general of offering model-less for everything.

Of course personally, hand polished Full Contour Zirconia would be the easiest LOL - LU is weird and I dont like the way it looks.
Do they offer more shades in the Crystal Ultra? How is the pricing?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
It only comes in a 100mm size i think - and the pricing didn't seem too bad.

we have friends in other territories that have milled plenty with great success and seems to not delaminate - which LU seemed to be doing

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
actually i would say the Crystal Ultra from DLMS is better than LU - but we were hypothesizing just in general of offering model-less for everything.

Of course personally, hand polished Full Contour Zirconia would be the easiest LOL - LU is weird and I dont like the way it looks.

I'd love to see some pics of the other nano composites. I've posted plenty of LU and find it to look fine.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Interesting. We don't have too many complaints or issues with Ultimate. We mill on our Lava VHF. It just drives me nuts when a company only does 4 or 5 shades in a material. Doesn't make sense to me....

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we've heard many labs had delamination issues. - we don't mill Ultra, so I have no photos, but what we've seen is great. We just don't think the spindle in the roland is strong enough for it, and we're not past our 2 years yet haha

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Actually there were a few drs that had the problem not the labs.
This is a bonding issue that was addressed and solved by 3M long ago.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we, at the TEREC group collectively have heard from other members that cases that were babied between lab and clinician, using the correct cement, was still running into delamination problems.

again, i'm not trying to turn anyone away from it, but these are reputable labs telling me their experiences.

I myself have never seen LU run into this problem

This was just this past January that I had sat in on the meeting.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Actually there were a few drs that had the problem not the labs.
This is a bonding issue that was addressed and solved by 3M long ago.

That I do remember hearing about! Not so much of a material problem, but cementation being a problem. And a few were due to not following the instructions properly.