Love my Dekema 654 Press-i-Dent

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Have used my new dekema 654 for a few weeks now and I just love it. Out of the box, I calibrated it about 5 times to get it fine tuned. Other than that, I just started using the preset programs, which I felt was still being overfired. But, we all have our own program parameters and theory. What I really like about this furnace is the fact that you can create a program in many different styles. Classic, which is good for older dekema users, Easy, Professional, which has multiple stages, and Press. So far, all my pressings have come out acceptable. I did however lower the temp a couple degrees for Emax, and it pressed even cleaner. I haven't used the trixpress for multiple ingots yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Seems easy and a huge time saver. I've worked with many top technicians, and they all seem to love dekema. Which is why I chose the press-i-dent over the ivoclar ovens. It is simply a high quality product. Haven't had to call tech support yet, which is a major plus. But, I will do so just to see if Jensen has an update on programs, or any other advice. Win!!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
You can always ask Jensen anything you like on DLN. They are here.
We got a 654 many months ago and it sure is pretty.
But we still have an EP5000 so I press in that. Only glass has been fired in the 654. No Metal and No investment..
Well once when I wanted to try the TRIX press for fun...

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Marcus, Cool. I'm glad to hear Jensen is so involved. This is all very new to me, as it took me years to figure out the answer to the question during registration. haha. Joking aside, I think dekema gets enough praise, but it truly fires some beautiful glass. And my pressings are beautiful since lowering the preset programs about 2 degrees. The flexibility of the programs, and just the overall quality of the oven is great. Also, I've personally have had very good interaction with Jensen. From the sales, marketing, tech support, management, and obviously their education.