Looking for an affordable yellow ceramic alloy?

CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of the current prices on any affordable Yellow Noble/High Noble alloys?

Also, trying to find out what you are all using in your furnaces, and if silver is ruining anything...
Should silver be pushing me away from selecting an alloy?

I use Noritake, so CTE range is 13.4 - 14.5

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
We use Noritake also...I don't know of a cheap high noble, or even a reasonable one with these darn gold prices of late:( We use Argedent 90.....and it works, and looks really great with the EX-3:)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, there aren't any Nobel yellow ceramic alloys and the high Nobel alloys that are really yellow are all around 90% gold. So I guess it depends on your definition of "affordable".

CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
is Argenco Y+ considered noble?

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
Absolutely....but it's a crown & bridge alloy.

Atex

Reaction score
I have yet to find a noble yellow alloy myself :( ... looks like everything yellow is HN already. On the other hand there's lots to choose from the C&B types...

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Argen yellow LF is a great alternative alloy that is compatible with ceramo metal porcelain. Argen Y+ is great for full cast crowns. Also captek is a great alternative for high noble, with a gold content of 84% yet a lot more efficient with precious metal use and copings are bout half the cost of comparable gold alloys.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Argen yellow LF is a great alternative alloy that is compatible with ceramo metal porcelain. Argen Y+ is great for full cast crowns. Also captek is a great alternative for high noble, with a gold content of 84% yet a lot more efficient with precious metal use and copings are bout half the cost of comparable gold alloys.

edit:
Argenco Y+ is a great economic yellow alloy for full cast crowns. Containing only 2% gold and Copper Free!
Argestar Yellow LF is a yellow, 2% gold and copper free PFM alloy for Low Fusing Porcelains only.

Captek is a great alternative for high noble, with a gold content of 84% yet a lot more efficient with precious metal use and copings are bout half the cost of comparable gold alloys.

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
edit:
Argenco Y+ is a great economic yellow alloy for full cast crowns. Containing only 2% gold and Copper Free!
Argestar Yellow LF is a yellow, 2% gold and copper free PFM alloy for Low Fusing Porcelains only.

Captek is a great alternative for high noble, with a gold content of 84% yet a lot more efficient with precious metal use and copings are bout half the cost of comparable gold alloys.

I currently use the Argestar Yellow LF for my low fusing. Does argen have a comparable (same color) alloy that I could use with inline or dsign?
Thanks
Marcus

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
Marcus,

Unfortunately we do not. The Argistar Yellow LF is the only Yellow PFM alloy with this low of a gold content.

Regards,
Eric
The Argen Corporation