LiSi pressing success ?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thinking of trying these but found posts about failures pressing . Could someone please post a screen shot
of their program on a ep3000 oven that has given good pressings? Stupido3 Much appreciated.
Or any other insight.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Maybe you've got to use bricks like the crazy Russian guy?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive already had 2 of the maybe over a dozen units that Ive done in LiSi shatter when seated.. Banghead Not to discourage you, but the grass isnt always as green as you hoped...

K

KIM

Reaction score
Ive already had 2 of the maybe over a dozen units that Ive done in LiSi shatter when seated.. Banghead Not to discourage you, but the grass isnt always as green as you hoped...
Weren't they shut down by Ivoclar?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ivovlars patents have ended.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score

Shatter? Please clarify, and if possible, pics too.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive had 2 premolars shear off at the margin. One case had two impressions and there was clearly a fit issue between the two, the entire lingual broke off at seat.

I'm not trying to bash the product, but Ive used emax for a decade now and I can honestly say, that breakage like that is very very rare. That is what raised my eyebrows. I can tell you with certainty, LiSi is a MUCH softer material than emax. Its quite obvious just in cutting the sprue. I wouldn't say it doesn't have a place, because it is beautiful, but just a heads up. Its probably more of inbetween empress and emax in terms of strength. Just my opinion, no harm meant to GC, as Ive used solely GC porcelain for a decade also.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
by the way i have just been informed by the gc rep that ivoclar has dropped the law suite against them.he didnt know the reason but i feel that they didnt even come to a financial agreement or anything. time will tell