Laser Melted Frameworks

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Anyone in the US able to accept my partial framework design from a STL file and do the Laser Sintering???

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I can print on my ProJet DP3000 here and cast just fine but just trying to explore different options!

user name

user name

Reaction score
I havent tried them yet, but Bego and Compartis are doing it.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Yes, and I've been told Compartis is $12/ unit for CrCo. They print and cast PM at $12/unit +alloy. If anyone know's Bego's price, please share.

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
Yes, and I've been told Compartis is $12/ unit for CrCo. They print and cast PM at $12/unit +alloy. If anyone know's Bego's price, please share.

That's for single units. I heard that a partial framework is a lot more expensive but I can't remember price, not to mention all of the finishing that you would need to do.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Why use a scanner if metal finishing is needed.......really

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
No metal finishing here just a rough sandblast and then I steam it and into the electro polisher for 30 min. Comes out looking nice no finishing work other then smoothing out where the sprues where! Technology is my friend!

S

Sune

Reaction score
Ther is a need for support "pins"/ structure when working with Laser Sintering. This is in my opinion one of the problems with this kind of manufacturing for dental use. Ther is "some" metal finishing needed.
But you still save alot of working steps this way! In time this will be the way to do it. But speed and price will determine the outcome of the war between CrCo and full ceramic crowns

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
That's for single units. I heard that a partial framework is a lot more expensive but I can't remember price, not to mention all of the finishing that you would need to do.

I have not used Compartis yet, so have no personal experience with it. That said my understanding is that CrCo is $12/unit for any size framework. Please correct me if I'm wrong and you can point me to the facts. As to metal finishing, what would be the point if it requires significant work? Compartis will fail if it does. I would appreciate if anyone with hands on experience would comment on the finishing issue.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
spent several years exploring this tech with several companies. Up until 6 months ago i would have said its a waste of time for quality fits, but ive been doing some units with Renishaw and things are looking pretty good now.

fits are consistent under low/medium mag and there is very minimal finishing. so FWIW, id give this a thumbs up.

havent done any bridges with renishaw yet (gave up on that as the software and scanner are dire for anything more complex),but they are excepting stl's, at least in the UK.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I just checked. Compartis fee is $14/ unit for CrCo, + alloy for pm. There is a discount for high volume. There is no mark up per unit for long spans up to 14 units. I'm giving it a try next month. Will post the results.

M

Marek71

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I prefer this way of manufacturing CoCr frameworks for some time. Ive got several reason for that. But in the end the crucial point is real result from individual milling/laser centres. It depends on particular center.
Compartis is fine, but too big and somtimes it is mirrored in the quality of post-processing. But their technology is perfect, I guess its called eosint M??? and this is probably the best SLM technology. In addition there is only 2 SLM technologies in the world that have pure dental certification for this process, mentioned technology is one of them.
So I recommend this one. BUt there are more production centres operating with tis technology, I can name for instance SINTEO who I cooperate with or Flussfisch.