Jensen preciso frozen

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So this has happened a few times. Normally one of us takes the puck out before realizing the job is not done. But what it is is this. Puck and spindle appears to be in finished position. Vacuum turns off. Normal to just take out puck. But, it's only half finished! :(
I try to click on anything in in CNC software but it's frozen. I hate this!! Now do I sit around for another 2 hrs cause they need to sinter?!? Pretty pissed

image.jpg image.jpg

DRE

DRE

Reaction score
Wow I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I was considering buying the preciso would you not recommend this machine? I thought it was basically a VHF 4axis don't those have a good track record?

I hope you get it straightened out.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Wow I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I was considering buying the preciso would you not recommend this machine? I thought it was basically a VHF 4axis don't those have a good track record?

I hope you get it straightened out.
No no. I have actually love it! Amazing fit and margins. This has happened maybe 4 times the last year.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What version are you running on the CAM and CNC? No errors popped up? Also what quality setting did you select?

Have you tried to reload the CNC file and cut it again? You need to leave the disk in and have not removed it at all.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I would agree with sevan, but what bothers me is the number 6 tool is still in the collet. All the units had begun cutting but I can see that on 2 units it did not finish the job?? Were all units calculated at the same time? I have never experienced this since I converted to Preciso from Dental wings w/ Jensen. The only issue I have had is waiting to mill because I want to fill the puck, with that being said I have placed units too close to the left edge of disc....Jensen is working on solution but basically the red lin on the puck side is also a limit on the left. In addition, I have just ordered the puck conversion for my older Lava VHF frame holder version and soon hope to fill/ mill 2 pucks a day. Dammit stock mkt go back up as I already tooled up for a great end of year and don't want to be dissappointed.
I am sure Jensen will have an answer for u, my money is some tool path error...crash break.. never saw the mill in that position with a tool in collet, unless it stuck but it wasn't finished with the roughing on those molar copings. My 2cents

user name

user name

Reaction score
Have you been doing weekly collet cleaning and lube? Perhaps it wasnt able to release a tool and got confused. The upper chamber of the mill looks like it hasnt been cleaned in a long time; makes me think that its neglect related.

Id hit 'release tool' and see if it will restart.

Off topic, but you could easily get 2X the units out of a puck. Why the loose nesting?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Have you been doing weekly collet cleaning and lube? Perhaps it wasnt able to release a tool and got confused. The upper chamber of the mill looks like it hasnt been cleaned in a long time; makes me think that its neglect related.

Off topic, but you could easily get 2X the units out of a puck. Why the loose nesting?
Weekly collet cleaning yes. I just did a full cleaning of the whole mill last week I usually do it every 3 to 5 months.
Spindle always collects dust and I was told to not worry.
Jason at tech support has it milling. May be from the sleeper on the computer going off. Usually never causes s problem, like I said this has happened very few times.
I leave them spaced cause for some reason I Lways loose crowns! Will you show me some of your nesting? I always try after seeing other peoples nesting but always lose half of them:(

user name

user name

Reaction score
I usually do 4-6 at a time.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score

usually nesting all tight and compact like you showed can be potentially problematic if you arent doing a whole puck at once, or if the units are connected to each other.

breaks and sprues.png

the red areas might break off and damage the units *IF* you don't sprue/connect them with the green connectors. this makes for a very long time spent adding connectors and potentially missing them. often, software doesnt account for these gaps where chunks can break off.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Zero problems so far. Like I said, Ill nest small batches, eating it up from left to right.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Was the computer doing any other tasks or just streaming CAM data to the mill? It might be a communication issue between the mill and the computer.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Was the computer doing any other tasks or just streaming CAM data to the mill? It might be a communication issue between the mill and the computer.
Just the mill

usually nesting all tight and compact like you showed can be potentially problematic if you arent doing a whole puck at once, or if the units are connected to each other.

View attachment 19296

the red areas might break off and damage the units *IF* you don't sprue/connect them with the green connectors. this makes for a very long time spent adding connectors and potentially missing them. often, software doesnt account for these gaps where chunks can break off.

Where do you see that image on the software?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Open CAM, 8th tile from the left on the top...'load blank'.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So what did you end up doing with the unfinished run? Did you by chance have a look in the file where the strategy layout is written? Were all the steps filled with data?

Here is a quick layout I just did on mine end milling 3-4 units at a time. That is the best format I think, keeps the milled tied just enough for a more units to be designed. Obviously bridges will give you more units when only cutting bridges in a disk. I managed to pull 21 units out of this 10mm disk, I am nutz and only sprue on the lingual with three sprues. This allows me to overlap in the odd corners between mills and maximize disk space. I keep a close watch on the mill count on my burs and changes them out before they start to die out, allowing me to keep sprueing crazy style. Laugh I have a few fall outs but only when the 2mm is on the last leg and is super loud when milling, But I usually stop the mill and swap out the bur then restart the mill from the last position.

Here are the layouts, you can see how I nested them. I cut the previous run out before cutting the next, this is the only way to nest tight.

run 1 zr.JPG Run 2 zr.JPG run 3 zr.JPG Run 4 zr.JPG Run 5zr.JPG

Here is tonight Was run.
14 unit layout.JPG

Here is a 28unit in wax with room for one more unit.
28 unit layout.JPG

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So what did you end up doing with the unfinished run? Did you by chance have a look in the file where the strategy layout is written? Were all the steps filled with data?

Here is a quick layout I just did on mine end milling 3-4 units at a time. That is the best format I think, keeps the milled tied just enough for a more units to be designed. Obviously bridges will give you more units when only cutting bridges in a disk. I managed to pull 21 units out of this 10mm disk, I am nutz and only sprue on the lingual with three sprues. This allows me to overlap in the odd corners between mills and maximize disk space. I keep a close watch on the mill count on my burs and changes them out before they start to die out, allowing me to keep sprueing crazy style. Laugh I have a few fall outs but only when the 2mm is on the last leg and is super loud when milling, But I usually stop the mill and swap out the bur then restart the mill from the last position.

Here are the layouts, you can see how I nested them. I cut the previous run out before cutting the next, this is the only way to nest tight.

View attachment 19298 View attachment 19299 View attachment 19300 View attachment 19301 View attachment 19302

Here is tonight Was run.
View attachment 19303

Here is a 28unit in wax with room for one more unit.
View attachment 19305
That's a good ideA.
Wax milling I can do like that. I usually end up with 35+/- units of wax.
Thanks