iTero basics.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im confused. No surprise there.

I just had an hour of training on accepting itero scans. Audio wasn't real clear and the trainer had an accent that was just difficult to follow. As I watched, I thought I was following along; once she disconnected I clicked around and realized I wasn't really grasping things.

First, I would have assumed that there would be an email notification when a scan has been sent to the lab so youd hear that 'chime' on your phone and know its time to get busy. Do you guys just make it a morning habit to check in on the itero short cut?

Second, where is the Local iDE (?) tab, window thing that lets you select your CAD (exo for me).

If you have a generous spirit, please walk me through the basic stuff.

Thanks

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Itero is terrible. One of the worst companies I have had to deal with. They're technology seems 1980's

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
open the Rx, the options for local export are checked in this page at the bottom. if you don't tick the right boxes you'll have to call iTero to have them reset the order to you can re-tick the boxes and enable local export.

pain in the rear if you forget the first time.

edit: you want to know something hilarious? they registered with GoDaddy for their website.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Im confused. No surprise there.

I just had an hour of training on accepting itero scans. Audio wasn't real clear and the trainer had an accent that was just difficult to follow. As I watched, I thought I was following along; once she disconnected I clicked around and realized I wasn't really grasping things.

First, I would have assumed that there would be an email notification when a scan has been sent to the lab so youd hear that 'chime' on your phone and know its time to get busy. Do you guys just make it a morning habit to check in on the itero short cut?

Second, where is the Local iDE (?) tab, window thing that lets you select your CAD (exo for me).

If you have a generous spirit, please walk me through the basic stuff.

Thanks

After file has been sent, click on export file, ok to itero application, then it will ask which system you want to export for.

And Im pretty sure there's an additional fee to export .stl only. I could be wrong tho

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-08-08 11.41.28.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-08 11.41.28.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot 2016-08-08 11.41.36.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-08 11.41.36.png
    192 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2016-08-08 11.41.58.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-08 11.41.58.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 41
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I am Tier 3 with Itero here is my workflow. This will also apply to Itero Tier 2. Tier one you are S.O.L.!

1: I always leave open the Itero Case Manager, this will prompt a pop up windows saying 'you have new cases.'
icon.JPG

2: Next I select the scan and open it.
manager.JPG

3: Open the RX, the third icon from the left that says RX and select needed IDE output like so. You can also edit the material id needed as well. Then click save.
IDE.jpg

4: Then you can edit Margin and Ditch if needed, I have never checked or edited a single margin and all my cases have dropped right it no issues. I have widened the ditch, but you can bring the opposing in and what not.
case.JPG

5: Finalize the case by saving the IDE changes and margin and Ditch changes (1) Then send it off to Itero (2).
finalize.jpg

Bob if your still confused give me a jingle tomorrow morning and I can hop on TV with you and take a few minutes to do a run through, it is super easy. I just push the cases through with out even checking or changing anything and never once had an issue and I have done over a few thousand cases via Itero tier 3.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks Sevan. Im tied up for a couple days, but I might be giving you a call. I went tier 3 as well. I know it will be fairly simple, Im just having the usual new stuff anxiety.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I am shocked that you've never adjusted a margin that has been marked by an iTero employee. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I haven't changed the margin marking...

user name

user name

Reaction score
I am shocked that you've never adjusted a margin that has been marked by an iTero employee. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I haven't changed the margin marking...
Ive spoken with several respected techs that have raved at how well theyre marked and have seldom required a change.

We'll see.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Ive spoken with several respected techs that have raved at how well theyre marked and have seldom required a change.

We'll see.
My guess its two things: 1. The quality of the doctor; and 2: Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i seldom have to change it as well, but when i do it is a PITA (because we are tier 1 lol)