Is this case possible with Emax?

X

Xtrafa

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting here. There is about 1mm reduction facially. Would really appreciate any ideas on this as to if it might be possible with Emax, and which ingots you would pick.

Thanks! ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b249_Xtrafa_IMG_8943.jpg
ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b249_Xtrafa_IMG_8943.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yep, I would go with MO or LT.......both will hide that dark prep on #8.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
the prep on #8 is not bad, but still better than #9.
i don't agree with labguy, i doubt that the LT or even the MO will mask this greyish color on #8, i would go for HO or risky MO.

user name

user name

Reaction score
First time I find myself in disagreement with TheLabGuy. Id go for the MO but not the Lt.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I think an MO ingot layered will take care of it, but I'd be willing to do it out of LT just to see if it would work. Where's Al when you need him?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
It's okay fellas, I don't agree with myself much either, especially when I see a new gray hair in the mirror.....because that's some BS right there. :) Here is an LT case, no tricks with the cement or anything, just a monolithic LT crown covering a METAL implant abutment. LT has masking properties in it. awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_emaxmask_tile.jpg
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_emaxmask_tile.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Lt is 90% my go-to, but Xtrafa said he has 1mm labial to work with. I dont think thats enough to over come the drop in value from the darker #8. He probably actually has alittle more than that, and just another couple tenths would be all he needs, but at 1mm Im thinking why fight it. BTW, how thick is the LT over the implant? Id be guessing close to 2mm?...Just studied his pic again, and if hes going to do a veneer on 7 at the same time, Ill go with you on the LT.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
LT would be my choice as well. That is about all I use for most cases. Also remember the cement can be tinted to tweak the final result.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think LT at 1mm will be safe.I would press in A1.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
From what i have seen on this site,
you can do almost anything with EMAX

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yes it is more than possible.

If I was doing the case I would press 7 & 9 in A1 Lt.
I think with the orange gin 1/2 of 9 some of that is going to show through making it A1.5 to A2 in the mouth.

I would probably press 8 in MO1 and layer the gin 1/3 A2 and the rest A1.
I would be afraid with the grey prep of 8 and the orange of 9 there is going to be quite a difference in value with 8 ending closer to C1 or D2 in the mouth. I would not thin the facial of the MO1 coping thinner than .6

Here is a case that just went in. I hate it, I dont like the contours of the implant but the patient and Dr accepted it, but...
I used A1 Lt on both. The prep is a bit discolored and the abutment is white zirconia.

Look at the difference in value between them.

I am starting to use the MO ingots more for cases when the preps are different colors.
4BFC3699.jpeg 4CC735BB.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How thick were your copings Al?

I find 1mm to be ideal to mask discolorations in LT.

.6 mm is too thin to mask in LT.

X

Xtrafa

Reaction score
Guys, thanks a lot for all the input! We pressed the case today using MO, which looks pretty darn white while still unlayered, but should block out the different stump colors. LT probably would have worked out fine, there was probably a bit more room like someone had said. I should be able to post some pics tomorrow once they're done, and I'll ask the Dr. to take pics at insertion as well.

C

cosmicsport

Reaction score
MO vs. HO

Yep, I would go with MO or LT.......both will hide that dark prep on #8.

I have bad results with MO ingots and dark stumps. There is too much show through even with white or opaque cement. I go with HO all the time as soon as I see black or darker stumps. I your case you need to do HO at all units otherwise it is hard to match. Make copings only and layer with deep dentin and your incisals.
See the picture. HO veneer and full crown: Pt had a lot Translucency (violet and grey)

ai1030.photobucket.com_albums_y364_kasiking1th_IMAG0279.jpg
ai1030.photobucket.com_albums_y364_kasiking1th_IMAG0279.jpg

C

cosmicsport

Reaction score
good luck with MO. Will come back as remake.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So will your 1st quad central.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
im still trying to get a feel for this also.

The thing with HO ingots is yeah they will block out any stump colour, but there just damn horrible to get vital looking and without any core show through, if you dont have much room for layering ceramic.

I think its always worth pushing for MO if you can get away with it.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What I do, and you're right Paul, you have to some room here to do this. I will cut back the entire labial surface of the HO, then stain the core the color I want, then lay my layering porcelain over that. You can do this with 1mm of reduction with no problems as long as they are asking for a light shade, dark shades or translucent shades (i.e. D2, C1) are a no go.