Is myerson HotShotElite the only flexible partial system in town of its kind?

W

wandlcorbanaz

Reaction score
Hello, I'm exploring the purchase of a myerson HotShotElite. Is this the only flexible partial system in town of its kind? Thank you in advance for any help. What are alternatives?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
That's the best one that I have heard of if looking to avoid doing injection. Two my newer techs love that system but right now I'm only using Lucitone FRS with the Dentsply Success Injection System. I might have to see how much the Myerson is and if it's a better way to go for just doing clasps or repairs and such.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Welcome wandlcorbanaz. You should go to the introduce yourself page and get your initiation :)

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. The Myerson Hotshot is really only for making clasps and doing small repairs. TCS just came out with its version and they claim you can also do unilaterals and small saddles with theirs (though I guess I'm too old school, I still invest/inject mine). If its just clasps you want then you could also check out the Clasp-Eze from Flexite Company; they are preformed and you just heat them and form them to the tooth you are clasping. However, since you asked about a flexible partial system, none of these are for making flexible rpd, you have to get a real system, then wax/invest/inject (sorry).

Here are some of the more popular systems: 1) Myerson Flexpress. This goes along with the Myerson Duraflex, and you can also program it do other materials. I've not used it, but I hear it is awesome. 2) TCS system. Goes with the TCS, and they have a manual system or pneumatic system (I have the latter and really like it). You can also set the temp to shoot other material. 3) Valplast system. I'm not a big fan of the company, my experience is something (usually material) is always on backorder and their customer service is a joke (or at least it used to be, haven't messed with them in years). There is also the Snowrock system that I've heard good things about but have not personally used, Success which is outdated (especially their material),Flexite which is a good company, but I feel that it is also kind of behind the times. If I had to go with one I'd pick Duraflex or TCS, it kind of comes down to preference. The Duraflex is easier to finish and polish, but it isn't as flexible as the TCS (I've repaired a good number of Duraflex in the past due to breakage on the clasp assembly). Hope this helps!

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
That's the best one that I have heard of if looking to avoid doing injection. Two my newer techs love that system but right now I'm only using Lucitone FRS with the Dentsply Success Injection System. I might have to see how much the Myerson is and if it's a better way to go for just doing clasps or repairs and such.
You should call Flexite and get them to send you a sample of the Clasp-Eze, just to see what you think. The clasps take about 5 minutes start to finish.
Also, I thought you can't repair FRS, but have to redo the partial to do add-ons? Duraflex, TCS, Valplast, and Flexite can all be added onto per manufacturer directions.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think theres a new manual one for tcs. The hotshot is the way to go for repairs and clasps, even temps. although Ive never used it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have it and there is some tricks to get it to work right I bought it to do small unilaterals initially but it's not real great for them we still invest them but where it is awesome is to do an add on or to add clasps to acrylic restorations . The acetal reminds me of the old dental d stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Hello, I'm exploring the purchase of a myerson HotShotElite. Is this the only flexible partial system in town of its kind? Thank you in advance for any help. What are alternatives?

imo this is only suitable for clasps. I'd recommend investing in the Flexpress if you're thinking of making flexible partials.

Top Bottom