HELP ..... :-(

J

John Matias

Reaction score
Hey fellas, so here is a question for you all, I never came across this type of frame work before and i will be temporarily repairing it. But afterwards I will be fabricating another cast frame just like it... for the same person...I will need to create a frame with these attachments shown.

what I need to know is?
How to go about it as far as steps?
should I have the Dr. take a heavy body or impregum on a custom tray and than pour it?
should the rubber attachments (yellow in the pic) be already in place before the impression is taken?

Any help in making this case successful will be much appreciated...
pic1_zpsf11a7675.jpg.html
pic2_zps2f8dc157.jpg.html

J

John Matias

Reaction score
Please right click on pics and "open link in new tab"...i uploaded pic into photobucket..
I couldnt figure out how to put it on the thread.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
looks like a vertical hader clip.

J

John Matias

Reaction score
I believe so too... I know how it functions...it simply slides along the sleeve and locks in place...but unfortunetly i never fabricated one so i dont know how to start the case. Should i tell the Dr. to take an alginate than I fabricate a custom tray?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Like most attachment systems you will need an analog for your master model, Hader bar stock is easy to cut down and put into the impression, How your client goes about the impression is more about what you provide for him. If they pick up an attachment in a PVS impression then you can insert bar stock into that attachment then back into the impression and fabricate your master model. The biggest issues with vertical risers is having them want to slide back out of the casted housing. If you look closely at your photo you will see a flash of acrylic over the end to not allow it to back out.

After you fabricate the model, you then can slide the attachment back on the analog and survey block out the master cast and make your refractory. After that its typical fabrication techniques for RPD's. This will allow you to cast the housing into the frame and not just use acrylic to hold it in place.

Good luck, the most important part is having the right parts and understanding your expansion if you are planning on casting a housing for the attachment.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Strategy DE Attachment, Attachments international.

J

John Matias

Reaction score
so if I am understanding it correctly its sort of like an implant denture case when we pour the custom tray with the locators so when the model is allset we have the metal embedded in stone (allowing us to fabricate the denture around it and conecting them in the end?
shouldn't my client order this part since he is the one that has the patients records?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
He should at least provide you with correct parts information so you can work out kinks
to have correct analogs and plan what needs to be done. My question would be does
he have the info and just want to test you, or maybe his previous lab have the info
but did not want to let him have it? The previous work might be same lab that did
the fixed and removable work. And it would be a grand nightmare if the two 'semi-
precision' attachments were not lined up in the first place, or have shifted and
no longer parallel. If the abutments are now mobile and the impression does not
capture them in proper alignment, there will be lots of 'fun' for all to be had . . .
Good luck, if not sure, let someone else handle that. Sometimes, the only
way would be to provide the room and retention element for the female
(yellow clip) to be picked up clinically. I almost said this is a Bredent when
I first saw it . . .
LCM

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Appears to be some sort of external key style of precision attachment. Try and get the doc to do a reline impression using silicone. Then do a pickup impression using a high quality alginate such as hydrogum 5.. Pour the stone right into the pickup impression. Then using the existing framework redo the acrylic.You may be able to use the existing framework if it is still stable however this style of clasp doesn't have any stress breaking which is necessary for class I and II. I did one of these for a lady who had some custom milled crowns on the lower 7's with two stabilizing implants int he 3"s region. They had drifted a bit so had no retention. I had to remake the framework with a different style of clasp... long story short is that the framework may still be okay but likely won't survive processing afterward. Those precision attachments can be very finicky during a reline. Likely the doc is seeing if you can do it because nobody else will touch it. Good luck.

J

John Matias

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, after speaking to him I went ahead and pruposed 2 options one being what "denturist-student" said which was using the frame that the patient has and strip it and rebuild it back together...and the other was to section the attachments of the crown and to Rpi's on the case since the posterior part is a free end saddle. we will see what he suggests after speaking with the patient...
This forum is awesome, you guys are always up for helping one another and I will do the same in return thank you all.