Graphy 3d printed aligners

D

DDE

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone seen or had experience with the Graphy 3d printed aligners?

They claim 0.5 mm thickness with high strength etc so looks like the future if they are any good!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The Tera Harz direct aligner is the first aligner developed in the world that can be printed directly with a 3D printer.

bullsh1t

3d printed clear material used in all oral splint use cases has been around since 2010 available FDA approved, by Objet.

The orthodontist can design the direct aligner with 3D software and can control its strength and elasticity.

2nd BS claim, this is not controlled directly.

i don't wish to continue reading the material literature.

D

DDE

Reaction score
Sorry I need some clarification please, is Object a printer or material? And do they have something that can be printed at around the same thickness as an Essex retainer pull down blank and have similar properties?

I'm hearing mixed info from people about 3d printed aligners/retainers with some saying it can be done and others saying you need to print models and do suckdowns.
The Tera Harz direct aligner is the first aligner developed in the world that can be printed directly with a 3D printer.

bullsh1t

3d printed clear material used in all oral splint use cases has been around since 2010 available FDA approved, by Objet.

The orthodontist can design the direct aligner with 3D software and can control its strength and elasticity.

2nd BS claim, this is not controlled directly.

i don't wish to continue reading the material literature

D

DDE

Reaction score
a bit more tech ;)

Very interesting thank you!

I'm not a fan of the closed system printers.

It looks like Graphy is available for Asiga which is nice. Although I can't find any of these resins for sale in Australia yet unfortunately.