Email Marketing

2bearnest

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing some wide net marketing through email. Any advice for compiling email addresses for dentists?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Becareful with email marketing, for it to not be spam mail you must have consent to send them the email. If your going market to your current accounts you may not have much trouble, but if your looking to mass market like most people do postcards you can't really do it "legally".

I've tried that road using constant contact. They require a very low return rate/spam rate or they will cancel your account with them. Mine got cancelled... ;)

I think it would really take alot to get actual legal charges against you but it is illegal if you have no consent. Even though we all get tons of spam mail on a daily basis.

dentagama

dentagama

Reaction score
The email marketing success rate is really low in this niche. Probably because these emails are being spammed constantly.
It is better if you do the promotion through the big facebook dental pages.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we've never seen much success with e-mail marketing.

We are too used to auto-deleting spam - not worth the money.

Better to use Instagram, Vine, Twitter and FB and just integrate it all to create mass awareness.

Y

YorkDentalLab

Reaction score
Email List

I'm thinking of doing some wide net marketing through email. Any advice for compiling email addresses for dentists?

I handle all the marketing for our zirconia dental crowns and lab work. I have access to a huge database of dentists.

As a marketer I am a firm believer in supportive marketing. You can't just do one thing, it has to be done with support from other pieces as well. Instagram, FB, Twitter, Direct Mail, Blog Posts etc...

If you want some help with this feel free to PM me.

-Bill

dentagama

dentagama

Reaction score
Blog posts can work really well depending on the comment quality and the particular blog. Twitter works but I think it is overrated. Facebook rocks though, you better concentrate on it.

2bearnest

Reaction score
i do frequent blog updates, twitter posts, but I haven't gotten into facebook more than just having a page.

jthacke3

jthacke3

Reaction score
Social media works much better than e-mail in my opinion. We made a huge mistake by using our lab's domain for some blast e-mail. The result was that our domain (which hosts the e-mail addressed for all our employees) became blacklisted as a spammer. It was a major pain to get ourselves back on track.

Be careful with how you do it and consider any unintended consequences.

Y

YorkDentalLab

Reaction score
jthacke, anytime you do a web email campaign always use something like hypermail.com, They use their servers... no risk of blacklist. They do not provide data(email addresses etc..) though. I have that info as well if interested just PM me.

2bearnest

Reaction score
all good advice - I am trying to be consistent with blog posts, twitter, fb, g+ ( i'll have to look into instagram/vine ). I've searched for dentists on each social platform, but I have only found a few. Seems difficult to create any buzz marketing with so few doctors with accounts. ???

R

Rayne

Reaction score
The easiest way I have found to keep up the consistency (and we all slip from time to time) is by automating your marketing system, this forum has noted some great points:
- don't focus on just one form of electronic marketing
- don't use your own email address to market from
- be consistent
and use blog posts with high quality posts.

I have all of these up and all linked to each other. I update my blog and it echos it to my linked in and facebook, then pushes it onto the company pages and then tweets so all my channels can be updated with one post. Set up email notifications on all the channels and you have eyes on all the social media you're involve with. Free'd up a lot of repetitive actions.

Be involved and care about your customers, have a genuine motivation to help and you can't go wrong. Specifically when I do email marketing I always include a little 'present'. When Evident updated to include the MDT I sent out a mass email to all the NADL members, Evident customers or not. I tracked the progress of the tax and when it was to be implemented. I echoed all the material from Bennet Napier and I educated people on a change in regulation that could potentially effect them. It was complete with links and resources and of course the link to the Evident website if they wanted someone else to take care of the headache of tracking it. The web company I had sent the emails through had never seen such a low opt out rate. I think of the 700 something I sent, 2 opted out.

Think to yourself if you were looking at the email fresh, would you want to click on it? Does it provide something you can't ignore? Or have to have?

Good luck to all that take on the email marketing, it is a numbers game and hopefully you help make someones life easier in the process.