Dont rush, or youll be sorry

user name

user name

Reaction score
I think Ive figured something out. In a very non-scientific study I did, (unintended),Ive concluded that when you remove an e.max ring from the press, the cooling period is related to the strength of the finished product.Let it slow cool, and do not sit it in front of any suction or air flow so you can get it devested sooner. In the manual it says to let it cool completely, and I believe they werent concerned about your fingers.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So are you going to fill us in on what happend?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Pressed 2 rings, ingots from the same vial. Let the first one set till cool, second ring I rushed along by setting in front of a suction inlet. All identical veneer shells to be layered. The very slightest adustments would cause cracks in the rapid cool batch.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Go figure.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The more time you give those little molecules to gather around and hold hands, the better grip they'll have on each other. When the stuffs hot those molecules are flying around and your basically freezing them in a running position. You need to let them run their course, slow down, and relax, on their own. That way they'll find a nice place in the grass under a tree to take a nap. GET IT? YA YA DO! Can you tell I am TIRED?

I have to ask. Ever tried quenching your pressables? What happens. :p

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have an excavator blaster to divest EMAX, it has a feature to put hot rings in, its basically a timer that allows the vacuum to cool the ring prior to auto starting / divesting.

We have not had any issue speeding things up.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
We have an excavator blaster to divest EMAX, it has a feature to put hot rings in, its basically a timer that allows the vacuum to cool the ring prior to auto starting / divesting.

We have not had any issue speeding things up.

Same here John. Nothing wrong here either. Only that the excavator can jam up with beads from time to time. Put an eguana rock down in your beads to keep them dried out!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Same here John. Nothing wrong here either. Only that the excavator can jam up with beads from time to time. Put an eguana rock down in your beads to keep them dried out!!

The new system comes with a bucket warmer, its looks like the guts of a heating pad that wraps the bucket and gets plugged in. Before we added a refrigerated dryer to our air system we would get clogs, Now the system is so bullet proof its scary.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Must be some other variable that Im not seeing. I know there were comments in another thread about experiencing cracking, so I thought I may have stumbled on to something. Nothing to see here. Sorry

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
The new system comes with a bucket warmer, its looks like the guts of a heating pad that wraps the bucket and gets plugged in. Before we added a refrigerated dryer to our air system we would get clogs, Now the system is so bullet proof its scary.

Yeah. I believe we have the same exact thing. Got it from whipmix as well. Was just thinking outside the box to save a lil money I guess. I need to suggest the air line change. I figured we were getting a little moisture in from the air line.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
cool them. quickly, in the snow if you have some,as soon as the pressing cycle is done.. stop the growth of those nasty leucite crystals ASAP.

Top Bottom