DME settings for 3shape

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
I am currently about to start cutting emax/Titnium/CRCO

I am wondering if anybody has had success or advice with a custom made DME setting for 3shape design on the following mills:

Cam is WORK NC

Roland (we have this one pretty dialed in)
Imes 550i (seeing loose fits with metal)
Sirona MxCL (back up to the Imes)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
For the e.max DME, I would contact Ivoclar and have them load or send it to you. Call Customer Service at 800-533-6825 and they will get you over to IV Troy who can get you set-up.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I don't think ivoclar hands out dme's to non wieland mill customers.

Nothing special about dme files unless implants. You can figure it out based on drill comp and die spacing thank it mainly it. Just keep the min thickness around .5 min to .6/.7.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I don't think ivoclar hands out dme's to non wieland mill customers.

Nothing special about dme files unless implants. You can figure it out based on drill comp and die spacing thank it mainly it. Just keep the min thickness around .5 min to .6/.7.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey Sevan,

I HAVE EDITED OUT INCORRECT INFORMATION I POSTED. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION, IF YOU SAW THIS. IF YOU DIDN'T SEE IT, "MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE." ;)

MY APOLOGIES FOR DOUBTING #SEVAN P.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have had to create my own material parameters for metal milling and emax milling (on versamill and planmill) and have the following bits of advice:

1. you must first find out what size of tool will be used to cut the internal aspect of the crown. to do this you will need to get to know the strategy or template used to create the nc or gcode program that cuts a unit.

2. determine the amount of gap you need to have for an accurate fit. for most people this is somewhwere from 60 to 120microns (0.06 - 0.12)

3. determine what is a millable unit and what is not. for the majority of knife edge or no shoulder preps you will not be able to accurately mill a metal unit if you are talking about milled copings. in terms of abutments it should immediately be clear what is millable and what is not.

4. violating minimum thickness. you will have to do this at some point. not every case is ideal.

i would like to say we do this kind of manufacturing regularly but i cant. its not something i get a say in either.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hey Sevan,

Actually, they will. Even if you don't have your 3Shape dongle through IV, we will help load the DMEs onto your system. This way we help ensure folks have our design parameters for the materials. It helps us to guide customers to produce quality restorations, at least from a material thickness standpoint.

HI All,

I want to Apologize to Sevan. :oops: I was going off a conversation with my support folks at IV Troy from a while back and remember them saying that they could load those DMEs even if they don't have their 3Shape dongle through us. :confused: I guess this is only half the story, because I got a text from the head honcho there and was reminded that is only in the case of them using one of our mills. If they use another mill we can't do it.

Sorry for the confusion, and I will remove the original post, so as not to confuse some one.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
HI All,

I want to Apologize to Sevan. :oops: I was going off a conversation with my support folks at IV Troy from a while back and remember them saying that they could load those DMEs even if they don't have their 3Shape dongle through us. :confused: I guess this is only half the story, because I got a text from the head honcho there and was reminded that is only in the case of them using one of our mills. If they use another mill we can't do it.

Sorry for the confusion, and I will remove the original post, so as not to confuse some one.

It's okay Patrick, all good in the hood.