digital model with soft tissue

I

illidan

Reaction score
19986165_875723779245980_4646453533875372032_n.jpg

ok so i can make removable gingiva with 3shape.
i have a 3d printer to print the models but what good is it when soft tissue isn't SOFT.
what would be the most effective way to make the soft tissue in soft tissue material?
i'm thinking of making an injection mold through cad software and inject soft tissue material but that requires too much hassle.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
19986165_875723779245980_4646453533875372032_n.jpg

ok so i can make removable gingiva with 3shape.
i have a 3d printer to print the models but what good is it when soft tissue isn't SOFT.
what would be the most effective way to make the soft tissue in soft tissue material?
i'm thinking of making an injection mold through cad software and inject soft tissue material but that requires too much hassle.
[Edit; I missed you coming around last time, so:
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!
Please stick around!]

Being removable still gives you a huge advantage. You can verify proper seating of abutments, identify interferences, do porc work/staining of sub gingival areas with it on the model. All kinds of benefits.

You could always take a putty matrix, grind off the model what you want in ging. sim. and inject through a whole in the matrix.
But that still sounds like time consuming work for a bunch of them.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3shape outputs two stls for a case like this. one soft tissue, one hard model.

have someone else print you soft tissue in a flexible material.

try a local university that may have an objet connex300 or better, as they will be capable of rubber and elastomer printing.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Putty matrix then inject, or look into NEXDENT gingival mask for open source printers like Moonray or the one open slot in Forms2.

I

illidan

Reaction score
it's amazing how us technicians share same thought process.
today i also used putty matrix technique and it worked.
came home, checked the thread and 2 of you had the same idea!
thanks for sharing ideas.
here is the photo of the result. there are some porosity but better than the hard printed soft tissue.
r8FQl

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
it's amazing how us technicians share same thought process.
today i also used putty matrix technique and it worked.
came home, checked the thread and 2 of you had the same idea!
thanks for sharing ideas.
here is the photo of the result. there are some porosity but better than the hard printed soft tissue.
r8FQl
There's only so many tools. Glad you found a solution you liked. You did like the result, right?

Top Bottom