CONDILE ANGLE ON PANADNET

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
HI EVERYONE. I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT TO SET MY CONDILE ANGE ON THE ARTICULATOR IF THE PROTRUSIVE BITE WAS NOT SENT. IS THERE AN AVERAGE VALUE?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
32 degrees. Doesn't matter what articulator.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
thanks so much. you saved me.

Daniel Watters

Daniel Watters

Reaction score
Hey Bob. Why 32 degrees? I agree that 32 is an average but what you arbitrarily set the condyles too should depend on the type of occlusal scheme you are trying to setup. (ie. Denture vs. Fixed.) The lower the setting the less likely you will have any posterior contact in lateral movements. I think Dawson says 20 degrees to ensure no working/balancing contacts in an anterior guided situation. There have been situations with splints where I have had to go even lower.

Appledental... How do you like the Panadent? Do you use the Golden Proportion guides?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I simply answered the question. "What is the average condylar guidance?" There are several old published articles that have concluded 32 degrees to be the average of all people. There was no philosophical component to the initial post. Yes, I agree that when building different appliances it may be best to change the inclination on the articulator. But, if we really want to get it right why not take the protrusive bite registration and come as close to duplicating the actual incline of the condile.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
Love the panadent. Waiting to buy the kois platform and the guides. I really like the Bennett movement in comparison to my hanau and whipmix. Much smoother and better for balancing.

W

WaRobert

Reaction score
Love the panadent. Waiting to buy the kois platform and the guides. I really like the Bennett movement in comparison to my hanau and whipmix. Much smoother and better for balancing.

Been using the Panadent withe Kiois platform and guides. Made it so much easier...

Top Bottom