Clean Emax pressings with Pix-E-Dust...

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
Anybody else tried this material??...or am I the last to hear about it!?

Just got it today and used it ...you put a very small amount in with the investment...my presses are normally fairly clean ( rougher on the fit surface) but not as clean as this

This was just blasted ...no acid

says you can use it for NP alloys too...excuse the photos, not great..

ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_PD.jpg
ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_PD2.jpg
ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_PD1.jpg
ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_PD.jpg ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_PD2.jpg ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_PD1.jpg

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
How much did it cost? How many rings can you add to till its gone?

Im not sure if I want to add poixi dust to my investment...

I find that burning the pressable rings out in a cold oven, I get almost zero reaction layer...

No need for acid, but if my internal adaptaion of the waxup is very rough, then I do have to put it in acid to keep from blasting it to death...

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
How much did it cost? How many rings can you add to till its gone?

Im not sure if I want to add poixi dust to my investment...

I find that burning the pressable rings out in a cold oven, I get almost zero reaction layer...

No need for acid, but if my internal adaptaion of the waxup is very rough, then I do have to put it in acid to keep from blasting it to death...

Its not cheap..£55...$85?? but you use such a small amount, think will do at least 100 presses, more maybe

I rarely do cold oven burns , so for me if it saves time and gives clean presses, its worth the few extra pennies ...would not be surprised if its much cheaper across the pond and if its good with NP alloys, then even better...will try it soon

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Where is the rest of the button on that onlay?

Is that remax? :)

Just doesnt look like a whole 2 grams there....

T

TEXASWILDONE

Reaction score
You should email Mack at [email protected] she can help you with your problems . They are a Dealer in the usa 52.00 plus shipping ( 1oz V) jar
Release powder and they are the ones that came up with the powder :D

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
You should email Mack at [email protected] she can help you with your problems . They are a Dealer in the usa 52.00 plus shipping ( 1oz V) jar
Release powder and they are the ones that came up with the powder :D

Lol, I dont have any problems. We invest with Ceravety and press with a $10,000.00 programat 5000.

But thanks. :)

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
Where is the rest of the button on that onlay?

Is that remax? :)

Just doesnt look like a whole 2 grams there....

Remax?? No.... had two large onlays, cut one off.

Why remax?? not the done thing...for many a reason thats been discussed here many a time

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
Lol, I dont have any problems. We invest with Ceravety and press with a $10,000.00 programat 5000.

But thanks. :)

A $10,000 dollar machine doesnt mean it presses any better than a cheaper/older one...:-0

M

martintay

Reaction score
I posted the question a couple of weeks ago and the general opinion was that it didn`t make a lot of difference ! So i haven`t tried it ! Saw it in the Tricodent flier. Maybe it does work :)

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
I posted the question a couple of weeks ago and the general opinion was that it didn`t make a lot of difference ! So i haven`t tried it ! Saw it in the Tricodent flier. Maybe it does work :)

Well its the first time I've tried it...and although I do get good presses, this was definately me is better...

M

martintay

Reaction score
Well its the first time I've tried it...and although I do get good presses, this was definately me is better...

Great :) Try and find my post and see replies.

Pix-E-Dust

Started by martintay, 05-20-2013 06:37 PM

Pix-E-Dust

Pix-E-Dust

Last edited:
cumino

cumino

Reaction score
Just found it,thanks....mixed reviews, so will persevere and see how it goes..:)

T

TEXASWILDONE

Reaction score
If you use a NON silcone die lube you will get a smoother surface

doug

doug

Reaction score
We tried similar product last month. I think that since we have an EP5000 that is regularly calibrated it didn't seem to make any difference. I tried to do some with and some without and there was no difference. We've been very happy with the lack of much reaction layer since we've been using the new pressing furnace. I suppose I could have tried it in our old EP 500 to see if it would help there, we needed help with that furnace.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Just found it,thanks....mixed reviews, so will persevere and see how it goes..:)

Tried a product stateside 16 mo ago and didn't see noticeable results. I called it pixie dust back then. These guys took my name:rolleyes:
Cumino, just wondering is your pic using just glass bead, or did you alox also. And I found even "clean" seemed to show some reaction dust after acid.

Top Bottom