Changes at Jensen.....

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Jensen is going to ditch Dental Wings, in favor of exocad!

You heard it here first! :cool:

Dentallabnetwork.....the ONLY place for Dental Tech news~!

Scott

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Jensen is going to ditch Dental Wings, in favor of exocad!

You heard it here first! :cool:

Dentallabnetwork.....the ONLY place for Dental Tech news~!

Scott

WOOT? hmmm... well, this LavaScan St scanner is identical to the one you posted in the other thread.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Nope. Not at all identical.

Only made at the same place. Other than that....almost everything is different.

Jensens version of exocad will most likely be closed, and the scanner will probably NOT produce stl files.

Just as it is and always has been with that scanner.

I am just pointing out that Dental Wings is probably going to die a quick death, and exocad will rise to the top.

That's all.

exocad can be locked up in a way that is impossible to unlock.

(unlike 3shape and Sirona and others encryption methods)

Scott

doug

doug

Reaction score
So Scott, help me out here. I have a Straumann scanner, Straumann owns 45+% of Dental Wings. How is this going to impact me as a scanner user? MY software is finally getting up to speed with the coming upgrade, Version 8.0. Am I doomed to a life of being a boat anchor or is there hope?

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
the version of this,that was still wet behind the ears,that I heard a couple of weeks ago was they will support both, to move to exo platform will be inexpensive for current jlmc s and they did not state a timeframe. Lava 7.3 is a pretty substantial upgrade from previous versions and is working out well for us right now. What would be my motive to switch, we are getting nice results with our system.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Yeah, I was talking to them about a month ago. Going Exocad but it will only work with their mill, which is a VHF modified to use their frames.

gatorteeth87

gatorteeth87

Reaction score
I had heard some rumors about this from the sales reps! Was just about to sell Scan ST2 as an anchor... I wonder if it will be a full function version or just Crown and Bridge for 3M restorations?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I'm confused. How does Jensen ditch dental wings? I have never seen them as part of the DWOS team in anyway. What did I miss?

gatorteeth87

gatorteeth87

Reaction score
Their Lava scanner runs on Dental Wings software... and it blows.

Top Bottom