Can you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Sorry to do this guys, but my nephews life depends on all the help he can get.
My nephew is called Thomas and he is dying from a muscle wasting disorder. He is now 5 years old and should live till his mid teens, but very recently a young child with the same disorder died at the very young age of 10. This has really shaken us all up with the reality that Thomas could only have 5 years left to live. What i am asking is if you could post a link to this video of Thomas on your facebook account, or any other social media account as the more people that see it the more awareness and hopefully funds will be raised to save his and many others lives a cure is not far away, we just hope its not too far for Thomas. Again I am really sorry to post this but we love him so much and can't bear the thought of loosing him. Thanks Pete

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_Thomas_zpsdc90370e.jpg

This is a small video about Thomas, sorry if it makes you cry, I know I did.

Thomas - Our Inspiration | Facebook
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_Thomas_zpsdc90370e.jpg

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
So sorry Pete. Shared it on FB. The hope i can give you is that my brother inlaw was diagnosed with the same when he was young and is now inhis late 40`s ! Actualy X brother in law , he is an accountant and has been fine until last few years ! There is hope, Best Regards Martin.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thanks Martin, he has duchenne muscular dystrophy, At present, average life expectancy for people with DMD is 27 years but most don't make it out of there teens as the wasting of the heart is just too much. Thanks so much for posting on facebook, it really is so very kind of you. Pete

M

martintay

Reaction score
No problem Pete , Nigels is duchenne as well and he`s defied what the doctors said to the family 40 odd years ago.Best wishes to your family .

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ouch. right in the feels. i wish him and you all my best. make him one of my cars to play with :)

hopefully if as a race we can get our collective heads out of our asses, we can get some progressive science done, and actually cure this and others in the branch of diseases known as rare disorders.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I like your attitude Luke, One Special Luke car coming up. And yeh some progressive science really is needed and FU****G fast. Thanks again pal.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I got as text off of my sister in law this morning saying she had received a donation for £20 from a DLN member, I am not sure who you are but a massive thank you straight from my heart, you helped a stranger but more importantly you are helping to find a cure to save young children. I have nothing but the utmost respect for what you have done.
THANK YOU.