Blue Sky Bio one Stage Narrow 4.1 Compatibility

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
I have a case where a Dr is asking for a custom abutment on a Blue Sky Bio onestage Narrow 4.1 implant but I've had trouble in the past getting someone to manufacture me one of these bad boys, even though their website and customer service state "Compatible with Straumann ® ITI® implants, SynOcta® system, solid abutments, instrumentation and prosthetics." I ended up having to get a stock titanium abutment. Has anyone had success milling a titanium abutment on this implant?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Is it actually compatible with a synocta abutment ?? If it is it is not that hard to mill . I am milling them all the time .

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
Blue Sky Bio says its compatible but large reputable milling facilities have actually returned the case back to me unable or "unwilling" to mill and accept liability of the abutment.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
It is sort of compatible with the standard RN Synocta Straumann implant. The internal octagon is machined the same. Where the "Narrow" differs is the outside bevel. The original diameter is 4.8mm and the "Narrow" is only 4.1mm. This is a propriatary BlueSkyBio engineering issue. In general this implant is intended to be used with stock abutments. One could mill a custom abutment for the standard RN and then cut back 0.35mm all around once it is milled.
Scott at *** may be able to mill a custom abutment with the right dimensions right off the bat. If you want to try the cut back method PM me.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
We mill custom abutments for the Blue Sky 4.1, yes it is different then the Straumann Standard Rn Synocta, Jo Chen is correct about the differences between them. Do you design your own abutments?