Bicon TRINIA

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have my first case for this system, I have a disk of this material coming. The system to me looks like the material will fracture rather easily but who knows. Anyone familiar with the product?

TRINIA™ Techniques | Bicon Videos

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sucks.

Ask Mark Jackson about it.

Impossible to polish the exposed fibers down to the surface level.

Material will be "Hairy" with fibers sticking out on a micro-level.

Brittle.

Scott

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've done two crowns on Bicon implants and I will pay someone else to do them if the ever show up in here again. John, you document that case.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We did some Bicon Implants...Weird as hell.

NO SCREW! We did a Zirconia abutment for a couple over the years.

Doug, John is talking about a material, not implants.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We did some Bicon Implants...Weird as hell.

NO SCREW! We did a Zirconia abutment for a couple over the years.

Doug, John is talking about a material, not implants.

Think of the character Emily Latella that Gilda Radner played and say" "Nevermind!"

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The material in all of the literature shows it exposed. I think there is a light cure sealer to fill the void, I see no reason why the base has to be in this material rather than completely encapsulating it in the veneering resin. I guess its more about inter arch space and joint size more than anything else. I have a tech call tomorrow with Bicon.

As for restorations on Bicon, its just another Morse taper tap in abutment, out here in the Palm Springs area they are quite popular with a few surgeons. We have done a handful of larger cases, while they are not my favorite implant they most definitely have made me money over the years.

The fudge factor on this material looks huge, the material must flex in some manner to absorb load, the concept to me is fast but the longevity is what has me worried. When I get the disk I hope it gives me some info on CAM setting to optimize cutting, it probably cuts like PMMA but the fibers I am curious about how the resin react to specific rpm/feed rate.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It is made of Two different materials that polish and mill very differently from each other. The Resin binder will cut and polish much faster than the flexible/stronger fibers. They will stick out no matter how awesome you are.

Material seemed to be as strong as regular Dental Stone. Total turd IMO.

Good Luck!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Scott, this guy lectures and think this is the next best thing, the technique is so simplistic for a full arch cases its embarrassing to charge what I will charge for it.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
What are the fibers made of ? I know that a small piece of exposed s-glass will make you think you have a strand of barbed wire in your mouth.

D

Don Rothenberg D M D

Reaction score
I have been using Bicon implants since 1986 (it was DB then Stryker)...we have had great success...and thank godness there are no screws. I have had many cases in function for well over 20 years. We have used all sizes...we now primarily use 6-8mm lenght implants...and are very happy with the results.
We have completed one (1) "Trinia" case (3 more in the works)...the case went well...I can not tell you long term result but can attest to a really nice result ... it was an "All on 4" case.
Feel free to contact me.

Don Rothenberg,D.M.D.
Implant Dentistry of the Northshore
781-639-2582

Last edited:
C

coris

Reaction score
I have my first case for this system, I have a disk of this material coming. The system to me looks like the material will fracture rather easily but who knows. Anyone familiar with the product?

TRINIA™ Techniques | Bicon Videos

Just wondered if anyone had any more comments on this thread? Only heard a bit about it in Europe. I wondered what the "resin" was, and was it S glass - as that would irritate I would guess. Is this still creating any interest in the US? Thanks

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
anything you have to hammer is ?

A

alphadental

Reaction score
Just think you will need to replace tooth on this case . How you going to do this ? Implants on the angle and bridge cemented , no srews to remove .

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I know that the mechanics of the Bicon favors a posterior implant crown - because occl forces are constantly
seating it further. Different issue in the anterior - but you can 'tap' it in again. Some might say it is easy to seat
because you can rotate the prox contacts a little if needed since there is no antirotational feature. As for the IAC
(integrated abutment) - I think they found greater success when you have 'unsupported' metal framework because
their composite needs bulk for strength - counterintuitive if you are trained to supoort your porcelain with metal framework.
Good luck,
LCM

hank55

hank55

Reaction score
hmn interested in purchasing one disc and see how it goes
but no idea how to purchase?
anyone can share some info
thanks a lot

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
This stuff is still around. Is anyone using it or the BioHPP from Bredent for hybrid cases?