Anybody using the Precsiso digital system?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Please I need some feedback from users of the Jensen's Preciso digital system, the scanner, milling machine, sintering oven or all together as a package. Many thanks

Last edited:
Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
Funny... I'm sitting in training in Connecticut right now. Haven't had experience but really enjoying it so far and excited about what I'm seeing. You can't beat the price/value of what Jensen is offering. I'll let you know when I'm a little more experience.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Funny... I'm sitting in training in Connecticut right now. Haven't had experience but really enjoying it so far and excited about what I'm seeing. You can't beat the price/value of what Jensen is offering. I'll let you know when I'm a little more experience.
I'll be going to Jensen/Ct.this thursday, so may be I'll see you there!

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
Great customer service from Jensen. They are very responsive to issues. Unfortunately, I know this because of all the issues we had with the VHF mill. It's the same tool measuring problem that all of these mills have. Supposedly the upgrade kit fixes this, but we have moved on.
The scanner is great if it's still the lava scan ST, and the software is much better no that they've ditched dentalwings and moved to exocad (still prefer 3shape).
The sintering furnace has pricey parts if you get the larger dekema usic unit. Nice when it's working. Replaced three elements and two thermal couples in about a years time.
Still, Jensen and 3m support have been great to work with. Just wish we had fewer bumps in the road.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Great customer service from Jensen. They are very responsive to issues. Unfortunately, I know this because of all the issues we had with the VHF mill. It's the same tool measuring problem that all of these mills have. Supposedly the upgrade kit fixes this, but we have moved on.
The scanner is great if it's still the lava scan ST, and the software is much better no that they've ditched dentalwings and moved to exocad (still prefer 3shape).
The sintering furnace has pricey parts if you get the larger dekema usic unit. Nice when it's working. Replaced three elements and two thermal couples in about a years time.
Still, Jensen and 3m support have been great to work with. Just wish we had fewer bumps in the road.
Joe,
What have you move on to?
What does anyone know about the weiland mini mill. Its basically the same unit from what I understand. Are the same issues prevalent with all of these mills?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
my understanding is that people have the same issue with all of the VHF mini mills. Or, rather, when they have a problem, it's with the tool measuring system. Some people never have a problem. We had many many issues with it. Again, that might be fixed with the measuring tool upgrade kit they sent out. We never installed it as we don't use the mill anymore. We now have the lava cnc-500. Much larger, industrial, 5 axis mill.
I would look for the most open system. Looks like Jensen is moving that direction. I hear there's a 98mm puck holder coming for the mini. Maybe they already have it?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Joe,
Yes, it's various VHF mills regardless of distributor. It is now claimed the issue is with some powder coat on the screws and the holder preventing good conductivity.
I am one who never had problems with the mill, but supposedly the new kit fixes the issue.
Yes, Jensen now has a 98mm puck holder. Not sure what price they want. Don't care as I'm content with the products and service I get from Jensen, just want more options.

gatorteeth87

gatorteeth87

Reaction score
We purchased our system when they originally released it with DentalFlings. The mill experienced some serious problems in the beginning. Lots of crashing, broken tools, chipped margins, poor calibration, etc. After several trips back and forth to Connecticut, they discovered that the wire harness for the 4th axis was loose. Now it runs flawlessly. In fact, I used to have trouble calibrating to the suggested tolerances of <9micrometers but I just got all of them down to less than 3. Seems like it has become more accurate as it has broken in and loosened up.

Our Dekema furnace has never let me down in all the time we have owned it but I should probably be thinking about stocking a few parts since I haven't replaced anything yet.

All in all, I would highly recommend the whole package. Especially now that we are on PrecisoCAD. The workflow between CAD and CAM is much smoother.

Top Bottom