About sdfa file

J

jogging

Reaction score
Hi, all

I was given a sdfa file and was told that it is the mesh of the teeth. But I can't find ways to see it.
Can anyone provide some information about it? How is it generated? Is there any way to watch it.
Thanks.

Regards
Jogging

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
teeth are normal eoff files sdfa are files from construction parts like balls you can see them with the exocad viewer

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Mr. Jogging!! (or maybe Mrs. Jogging??)

Host address.... 019040e.netsolhost.com
user.... Dentallabnetwork
psswd... Dental101

Look in exocad folder for the ModelEditor software to download.

Use filezilla software to access my server. https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Login type needs to be changed from anonymous to Normal....then enter the stuff above...

This software allows you to make your own exocad anatomy library from existing stl files, and probably allows you to import sdfa files as well, but I have never actually tried it myself. Just taking a wild guess...

Cheers,
Scott

J

jogging

Reaction score
teeth are normal eoff files sdfa are files from construction parts like balls you can see them with the exocad viewer
Can sdfa files be only opened by exocad viewer? I usually use MeshLab to open the mesh file.
sdfa files should be generated by one specific scanners.
From the website of the exocad, the company doesn't produce any kind of scanners.

Regards
Jogging

J

jogging

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Mr. Jogging!! (or maybe Mrs. Jogging??)

Host address.... 019040e.netsolhost.com
user.... Dentallabnetwork
psswd... Dental101

Look in exocad folder for the ModelEditor software to download.

Use filezilla software to access my server. https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Login type needs to be changed from anonymous to Normal....then enter the stuff above...

This software allows you to make your own exocad anatomy library from existing stl files, and probably allows you to import sdfa files as well, but I have never actually tried it myself. Just taking a wild guess...

Cheers,
Scott
Thanks, Scott.

But I can't log in the server using the information given by you.
Fizezilla gives the following information:
Response: fzSftp started
Command: open "[email protected]" 22
Command: Trust new Hostkey: Once
Command: Pass: **********
Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Regards
Jogging

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Can sdfa files be only opened by exocad viewer? I usually use MeshLab to open the mesh file.
sdfa files should be generated by one specific scanners.
From the website of the exocad, the company doesn't produce any kind of scanners.

Regards
Jogging

sdfa can be opend by exocad viewer the icon is up in the menu and maybe although with modelleditor i think these are files that cant be changed or only limited by the software because these are construktion element files likes balls,attachments and so on. The modeleditor alows you to create new own library but only pontics with closed surface and crowns with apikal open surface.If you need other parts like retention you can change the stl with meshlab into an off file,closed surface can be part of the pontic library multi open surface like a multiring retention can be part of the abutment library closed surface although each has benefits and disadvantages and nothings perfekt . And their are some some control files ill dont know a 100 % you see them in the database copy for new objekt try and error.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, Scott.

But I can't log in the server using the information given by you.
Fizezilla gives the following information:
Response: fzSftp started
Command: open "[email protected]" 22
Command: Trust new Hostkey: Once
Command: Pass: **********
Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Regards
Jogging

Works exactly like that for me.??
Just double checked at home with fresh install.

Did you change the log-in type to "Normal"?? (In the Filezilla Site Mang.)

Check your spelling and CAPS. Must be exact.

Protocol should be "FTP - File Transfer Protocol

Encryption should be "Use Plain FTP"

Login type should be set to "Normal"

It works!.....try again.

Leave "port" empty...

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
They're signed digital files, encrypted by Exocad for your safety.
It's so people don't balls up the operation and it seems to work.
If you have files that are sdfa it's Exocad and not related to any file your scanner outputs. It's used for geometries. The only stl they use are scan bodies and import files. You're playing Ruth the wrong thing if you're asking these questions it would seem

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ask them if it is substituted in a library, or if it has an XML file to help the Exocad to identify it. If its put in the right destination folder, with an XML file that identifies it, then it will become part of Exocad

T

trinoos

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new user here. I have been reading and learning a lot here. This is a great community. I have question about exocad Model editor from the ftp site above. I downloaded it but when i click on .exe file nothing happends but windows saying the application has stopped working. Am i missing something? Thank you!

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmmm,

I will delete that program from FTP site and upload the newest version.

Give me a few hours please. Do you have an exocad Dongle in your PC??

Maybe this is necessary? Never tried without it.

Thank you!

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
OK, Implant Editor and the Model Editor are now uploaded.

These are the most recent version in .zip

enjoy!

T

trinoos

Reaction score
Thank you very much for upload and replies! I have downloaded and tried both Model and Implant editor. Model version is as far as i can tell same as before and no change there. Implant version said I have wrong dongle so maybe that is the problem with Model version too. Thank you, I will investigate this more later.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
10 year old thread... this information might be a little outdated.
info is fine, sdfa is a locked encrypted exocad format for implant geometries so people don't copy what is trademarked.

the modeleditor program is long out of date (last published an update in 2016) and D * M * C / Prim*s is long since banned for multiple reasons.

M

mihir45

Reaction score
HOE TO CONVERT SDFA FILE TO STL ANY SOLUTION

Top Bottom