Custom Multi-unit; fixing challenging angels and positions

T

TonyTruABT

Reaction score
When Drs messed up but I fixed it using Custom Multi-Unit, check it out!
17992096_113651562523372_3843147418455810756_n.jpg

18010535_113651502523378_3168960645912608328_n.jpg

17952599_113651499190045_3909651676301971570_n.jpg

17951844_113651495856712_511543779392657487_n.jpg

18010445_113651429190052_2244617168908094102_n.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Challenging angels. Who needs that?

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
yikes! I don't know much about it but, do you guys think there will be some bone loss with angles like that? from leverage or fulcrum type affect?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So i have been seeing these designs a lot lately and they definitely interest me.
It's clear that a MUA connection was placed as an attachment during the design of a custom abutment. I think this is genius.
However there are two things that stand out I want to address simply to get everyone else's opinion.
Normally the Ti base in the prosthetic covers the screw channel of the MUA. In these designs that is not possible.
So what is going to seal these screw channels. The obvious answer is some teflon tape and composite. But when you think how incredibly shallow these access holes are on MUA, there is hardly room for tape and composite and there is risk of compromising the hex. So what is recommended.
The other thing I am curious about is why these TruAbut MUAs are always 100% parallel. The MUA connection does not have to be parallel. You have 30 degrees of divergence available, so why not use this 30 degrees to ensure the Ti bases seal the MUA access holes?
I am just very curios what your opinions are of these MUA TruAbutments? I think whoever had the idea to add the MUA connection as an attachment to Cust Abutment designs is very clever, but it seems the technical and clinical observations of All on X prosthesis are not fully considered in these designs.
Whats your opinion?

T

TonyTruABT

Reaction score
So i have been seeing these designs a lot lately and they definitely interest me.
It's clear that a MUA connection was placed as an attachment during the design of a custom abutment. I think this is genius.
However there are two things that stand out I want to address simply to get everyone else's opinion.
Normally the Ti base in the prosthetic covers the screw channel of the MUA. In these designs that is not possible.
So what is going to seal these screw channels. The obvious answer is some teflon tape and composite. But when you think how incredibly shallow these access holes are on MUA, there is hardly room for tape and composite and there is risk of compromising the hex. So what is recommended.
The other thing I am curious about is why these TruAbut MUAs are always 100% parallel. The MUA connection does not have to be parallel. You have 30 degrees of divergence available, so why not use this 30 degrees to ensure the Ti bases seal the MUA access holes?
I am just very curios what your opinions are of these MUA TruAbutments? I think whoever had the idea to add the MUA connection as an attachment to Cust Abutment designs is very clever, but it seems the technical and clinical observations of All on X prosthesis are not fully considered in these designs.
Whats your opinion?
Hi Marcus,
Great questions, here are my thoughts.
-Screw channels are considered when designing. They are designed to not be too shallow or screw head sticking out.
-You are correct by saying that MUAs does not always have to be parallel but having them parallel as possible (100% of the time) would make that much easier for delivering and restoring. Every restoring Drs that have screwed in these final prothesis loves it.
-Surgeons places implants where they want usually where theres bone and sometime without consideration for the restoration (angles etc),so we try our best to fix it and every consideration is made when designing the MUAs. In situations where stock MUAs can be use, we tell our clients to use stock. Its only in difficult situations where this custom MUAs are necessary.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Tony

Is it not true that for this, you need the implant to be pretty deep, otherwise this can't be done. I have a case with 2 preplaced shallow Hiossen implants along with more implant placed now for all on 6 case and access hole is coming out of facial 9-10-11 area. What should I do.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, but this should be in the implant section, no?
LCM

T

TonyTruABT

Reaction score
Tony

Is it not true that for this, you need the implant to be pretty deep, otherwise this can't be done. I have a case with 2 preplaced shallow Hiossen implants along with more implant placed now for all on 6 case and access hole is coming out of facial 9-10-11 area. What should I do.
Do you have a picture of the model? How is the angle on it? can stock MUA be used?