matching shade Chromascope 540,
WHich ingot will work here??

Thanks all

C

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
How thin is rather thin? ND6 is pretty yellow/orange, going to be tough to mask with thin veneers.
How about doing refractory and buy d.sign chromoscope 540 and the appropriate incisal?

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
cause i don't really like doing refractory veneers. I do maybe a case @ 2 years, not enough to really learn how make it all work smoothly:arghh:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
cause i don't really like doing refractory veneers. I do maybe a case @ 2 years, not enough to really learn how make it all work smoothly:arghh:
I hate them too, but I just don't see an easier way to pull off 540 over ND6.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
As 2thm8kr asked, "how thin is rather thin?" If the overall thickness is <1mm you could go with an HTB2 and it will get you close, but a little light and bright. You should then be able to shade and characterize to a 540. If it is a little thicker (>1mm) then I would go with an LTC3, again it will be a little light and bright, but easily shaded to match.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
the temps were between .7 mm ging area increasing to between 1-1.3mm towards the incisal

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I prefer to do mine on foil.. There are many more options this way.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I prefer to do mine on foil.. There are many more options this way.
How are there more options with foil versus refractory? Margins are better on refractory than foil as well.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to refractory specifically . I have done done two laminate cases on refractory and that was enough for me.. I like cutting out a die and etching an hour later. Its just too simple in my opinion. On the margin thing. If your technique is good and your prep is decent you can get some pretty nice and thin margins.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Who was, is the guru of the foil technique, Jason Kim? I saw him doing a hands on in Chicago? years ago and he really had it down to a science, even using a orange stick to burnish the foil margins in, maybe even after a 1st margin wash bake to set and seat them. I just couldn't get past the contacts and the foil in the way, and the gray background and not knowing if my custom shade was going to be close enough until after I pealed the foil off.

Thank goodness for emax and the ability to re-fire a crown as needed, even after it's been "devested". No more foil or refractory for me.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you, 2th.

Top Bottom