cad cast?

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
anyone using Cad-Cast from Bego or Argen? advantages or disadvantages? thank you

C

charles007

Reaction score
Check your pm

Bego and Argen are great,,,used both for months. Argen has a much wider list of alloys both for ceramic/c&b in Noble and HN
Any specific questions ?

A

adl

Reaction score
anyone using Cad-Cast from Bego or Argen? advantages or disadvantages? thank you
I use Bego with excellent results.I have done a few large cases with them and they turned out really well.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Dennis today we only cast is we screwed something up here in the lab and we are rushed.

Argen does great with DPM

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
we just sent a couple units to try out, seems to make sense. thanks all

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's ok.
It's not considered cheating anymore.;)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive been using argen exclusively for metal for a few months now, the SLM fits are good, but I cant get over the grainy texture among other things so Ive been doing the euro DPM and I dont think the fit is as good as I can get milling/casting but I hate doing it, so I make it work.

The problem for me is if I design something wrong or it doesnt fit, it has to be redone.. Ive had some headaches with a few bridges.. The last one, a DPM had the buccal margin flattened over 1mm.. almost like someone took nippers and squeezed the margin down when devesting or dropped it.. I was able to bend it back.. but Im not sure if it will work..

The euro SLM is really fragile when thinned out.. I found out the hard way and then tried to solder a thin spot with a phase welder and it completely fell apart. 3rd times a charm. :banghead: I went with DPM this time.

Nothing against argen, I made the mistake of not checking the proposed insertion path the first time I designed it, and the lingual margin was open as an undercut.. Something easily fixed if I had milled it in wax and cast... but I rushed to make the 3pm deadline.. :bag:

Overall I would recommend argen though.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you were on the east coast you'd have until '5pm.

C

charles007

Reaction score
East Coast,, EST time zone, ........DPM until 6pm... Zirconia 3pm

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
YELLOW CERAMIC. Any success in DPM with that type?
Thinking it might be easier than ordering on ounce for one case.
Received a case for a lower bridge 20-18, FC and metal occlusal on 18 19. An old metal mouth.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Havent tried the yellow ceramic, all I can say is the margins are ultra thick, but generally fit is about 99% once you thin the margins down.

G

GarryB

Reaction score

Argen have just started offering this in the UK. We use their SLM and cad cast. Love both of them, great fits around the margins on both and it's saving us a shed load of both cash and time.

They are going to expand their range of alloys after Beta testing is complete which will be good.

Just need to get them printing / milling models now. It seems they are a little way behind you guys over the water.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I tried both Bego and Argen. I personally preferred the fit of Bego and have not had one problem as of yet, singles or bridges . I get it in Evolution Lite. Argen does have a better metal selection. I tried the Harmony 2 from Bego and did not like the coloring at all. I"ll try a higher gold content from Argen next time for gold crowns. I do like the fact that I get my Bego singles back in 48 hours.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I use Bego for most of my casting needs, both the CadCast and the SLM. The SLM units take a little time to dial the fits in correctly, but the CadCast have been pretty much spot on from the get go. Firing porcelain on the SLM takes a bit of tweaking as well, but once you get it down, you won't have any issues.

Top Bottom