Question...

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just got a case in to restore an upper lateral, #7. The Doctor is working with a new surgeon and has supplied me with 'all the parts Ill need'. i hate that. The abutment supplied is a LegacyZirconia straight contoured from Implant Direct.

First question...Is implant Direct just a reseller of OEM parts or are the manufacturing their own parts? I would assume that legacy also makes their own parts?

The main question....the space i have to work with is quite narrow. The supplied abutment is a 3.5mm platform and looks just like a Zimmer, but the emergence profile is just a bit too wide. I suppose I could contour it enough to make it work, but...

What are my options?

Ill be busy googleing while I wait for your help. Happy Thanksgiving:)

user name

user name

Reaction score
After further review, Im going to tell the Doctor that we need to go with Ti.

Nothing to see here folks.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Should we "move along" then :) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
nothingtosee.gif

user name

user name

Reaction score
Should we "move along" then :) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too :)
I am still curious..is Implant Direct a distributor of OEM or do they copy and sell?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I am still curious..is Implant Direct a distributor of OEM or do they copy and sell?

Good question, I have no idea, but maybe JW will confirm RCKSTR's copy and sell?

edit: by the way, Bob, I like your new 4 box siggy :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
When Niznik was running type show they made their own. Not sure now,.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
They're designing their own variants of Zimmer on top of normal piracy. They are not reselling Zimmer, but I don't know where the parts are fabricated

user name

user name

Reaction score
So, what is legacy? When I search, all I find is Implant Direct. Is that their house brand or is there a Legacy implant company thats not showing up in my search results?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So, what is legacy? When I search, all I find is Implant Direct. Is that their house brand or is there a Legacy implant company thats not showing up in my search results?
It's their clone of BioH/Zimmer connection

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
From what I could find, Legacy is their (Dental Directs) house brand. It sounds like after the good Dr sold Paragon Dental Implant Co. to Zimmer, with the rights to the screw vent internal hex technology, that he made his own version, Legacy. It is the same technology (tsv) Zimmer having their own, and Dental Direct having their own version, just with a couple of modifications:

"Implant Direct’s Legacy Implant represents an updated version of the Tapered Screw-Vent. Improvements include extending the SBM (HA) blasted
surface to the top of the implant and starting the taper and mini-threads 1mm below the top. These changes were designed to minimize crestal
bone loss and make it easier to insert the implant self-tapping in dense bone."

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Implant Direct have made at least 4 lines of implant and their associated restorative parts, for
the Nobel Replace (Trilobe "REplant" and "ReActive"),Straumann Tissue level, original Paragon/ZimmerTSV/Niznick 'Legacy' design, and
1 called the Spectra (name reminiscent of the time when it was the Dentsply Spectra that was bought and sold at various time).
As such, they are original implant manufacturers now.
They may tell you their parts are interchangeable with the original proprietary parts from Nobel, Straumann, Zimmer etc, but
I am not sure they use that position officially. They have also bought over Attachments International, the original company
making non-original parts for Sterioss and various implant lines when you needed special applications.
Hope that helps.
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
It touts the special factory in "CNC West" in California. Not sure if they have other
sites else where in US or the world manufacturing parts.
http://www.implantdirect.com/aboutus
You can get a gist of the history with Paragon/Spectra becoming Sulzer Medical.
That was another line of changes by itself. At one time, it was even call CenterPulse,
before all became Zimmer Dental. Of course, now it is Zimmer-Biomet . . .
LCM

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
...and is now owned by Sybron which is owned by Danaher, who of course owns Nobel.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Yes . . .
Cue Star Wars music and
"Luke, I am your father . . . "
Not that ID owns Danaher, but you never know . . .
LCM