Shining 3D AutoScan-DS200 Dental Scanner

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
You are exactly right , you can never know until you work with it. I don't doubt that it will do the job. But the question is , how long for? I have no faith in Chinese products at all. Again , you are just being cautious about the tech you invest in. You are looking for a cheaper alternative to meet your needs. The only way you shall ever know is by taking that risk. If you are not ready to take a risk thn take the work business out of your vocabulary. I am not against buying this product at all. Like I mentioned , it is entirely up to you and if it is a machine that will be profitable for what your needs are thn again , it boils down to you to make that decision. Its one thing taking a risk on any piece of equipment but a bigger risk in Chinese equipment , certainly.

elpiojoxp

elpiojoxp

Reaction score
Eloijoxpi , you sound like you have come to defend Chinese products and not really pay attention to people's opinions. I am coming from a different perspective. I think china have spoiled the narrative in a business sense for dentists and technicians alike with their strong desire to produce crowns and bridges that are cheap and at the same time quality ineffective. If the patient truly knew where he/she dental lab work was coming from , I think they would strongly condemn having any lab work for their oral cavity come from china. We are talking about a medical profession here and as a dentist myself , your first priority is to see that your patient gets the best tx possible. It's the the most ethical way to go about things. Comparing dental equipment to house furniture is an insult to the dental profession.
It looks like you dont read the full post, im not trying to defend anything, I only want to know the truth about a product, an opinion its nothing more than that, an opinion, I respect it, but in this particular case it is 100% subjective, and also full of prejudice, only because it is Chinese, sounds like racism, is not it? and as I said in the very beggining, i want to know the feedback of someone who have the oportunity to work with the scanner. Its not ethical to said something is garbage when you nerver see it by yourself, you never work with it. I'm not looking for opinions, I'm looking for experience and knowledge acquired by use.
Im not comparing dental equipment to house furniture, as I said, many of the sintering furnaces are fully made in china and I never heard someone complaining about it.
So, to keep the focus of this thread, this is strictly about to know the feedback of someone who work with this scanner, facts, not subjetive opinions.
As en axample, I have a friend who has a very rare disease that America, or Germany, or anywhere else in the world has not been successfully treated, he found the best treatment in China, and it was not cheap or shoddy, it saved his life.... Thinking because its "made in China" its bad, its a very biased opinions and the scientific method is far from that way of thinking.
I allways look for the best treatment possible to my patients, a closed mind cant see the full picture.

Buy one and post your experiences.
Thats the reason of this post dude, Read the post of someone who already did it

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
in this particular case it is 100% subjective, and also full of prejudice, only because it is Chinese, sounds like racism, is not it?

Prejudice yes, racism no, Nationalism probably.

As en axample, I have a friend who has a very rare disease that America, or Germany, or anywhere else in the world has not been successfully treated, he found the best treatment in China, and it was not cheap or shoddy, it saved his life..

I don't think anyone here has said nothing good comes from China, but that countries history of poor quality plays into the law of probabilities.

Thats the reason of this post dude, Read the post of someone who already did it

I get it, but obviously, there are no experienced users here. Get on the cutting edge of Chinese scanner technology and share your experience and don't call me dude.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
many of the sintering furnaces are fully made in china and I never heard someone complaining about it.

aha, now we are making some sense.

i was around when my old employer bought SHenpaz sintering furnace. getting it to work was a pain in the butt - it was not correctly wired or certified by canadian safety agency so if any fire ever happened our insurance would never pay out. so we had to have it properly wired.

then, we discovered it draws a lot of current; it needs its own circuit. call electrician again.

then about 6 months later the units began goin green and brown... so replace crucible and beads.

that was 2 years ago; by now i expect that lab will have replaced the internal parts already.

i'm not a huge fan of shenpaz.

but you know i am just one guy. there are dozens of manufacturing industries that consider it worth while to employ chinese machines and dispose of them and rebuild the factory every few months rather than keep engineers machinists and service persons on retainer of the payroll.

i am sure some dental labs employ similar strategies.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
damn... watching a monkey make googley eyes at a sexy football again.

DuDE... buy the scanner. it's a good deal, should produce for years to come!

:astro: I gotta get the hell off this planet

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So how much are these shining boxes going for ?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
So how much are these shining boxes going for ?

Recommended end user price 2013 was 13500 USD reseller buy was 10190 USD with basic exo when ever you look at a 5 ax mill in china they cost the same or more than in US or Europe why ???

because quallity cost on the whole world nearly the same !!! differences in sales and support when ever i bought things on ebay from maybe china in the past it was ok on the first view but in the long run i am happy with the more expensive European or US products

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Lots of high quality products are made in China under respected brand names...if you open up a German or American made good you'd find most parts originating from all over the world...that's globalization...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
DWX50 is japanese and it is famously robust and resilient as a dental mill.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Lots of high quality products are made in China under respected brand names...if you open up a German or American made good you'd find most parts originating from all over the world...that's globalization...
Very true. .. buy buying straight from China is a totally different ball game

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Resellers do that...skipping the "dental" middle man could save you big...;)

bit different tho, when you consider some resellers develop for their machine; such as Axsys who have worked on Delcam for the versamill, vs 3dbicad who sell the same machine but as far as i know have not done that.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
bit different tho, when you consider some resellers develop for their machine; such as Axsys who have worked on Delcam for the versamill, vs 3dbicad who sell the same machine but as far as i know have not done that.

Is there any hardware difference between the Axsys and 3DBioCAD versamill ? Or just the CAM ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
unless you count the custom material holders that axsys engineered, and new tool pockets, no probably not.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I was looking to this scanner from the big chinese Company Shining 3D, but can anybody tell me some feedback of this scanner? It looks pretty good from the paper spects, but how it perform in the real work world?
I will really apreciate any useful feedback. Thank you and best regards

I know 2 labs that tested the older generation Shinning 3D scanner and thought it was ok. Seems like that first scanner only had 1 camera, not that it matters now.
Is it worth the cost saving to buy is your decision, and I hope you did your homework talking to many labs with that same scanner.
Back in 2011 I bought one of the first 102 iMetric scanners from Delcam and the scanner was extremely accurate ! but Delcam's cad software-dentCad had just been released and it sucked ! so I returned for full refund..
You will among the first buying this scanner, so I wish you good luck long term with the hardware.
Never again will I be the first buying a new piece of equipment. Several techs on dln warned me to not buy, and I didn't take their advice .....

One idea, ask the cost of a maintenance plan and yearly update cost, if they offer one to protect yourself if the scanner needs repairing. If so, do they guarantee a loaner.
Do they repair in the US ? Medit resellers started repairing inhouse, so that is an advantage should you buy a Medit scanner. I know 2 labs that had to ship their Medits to Korea ! and now that's not a problem.
One Medit reseller maintenance plan is so expensive, its not worth the added cost in my opinion.

fyi You will want to update Exocad every year and its foolish to think you can save $ by not paying yearly for updates. (many will say its not necessary to update Exocad yearly, that's such a stupid statement !) If you skip a year with Exocad updates, you pay later for skipping !!! just like I did this year.
Once scanners can design with 1 click, then you can skip yearly updates !

Bottom line: Add up the cost of the scanner, maintenance plan, yearly updates, scanning speed, and factor that against another top scanner your thinking about buying, then also compare to 3shape scanners lol

Last edited:
O

Otagojk

Reaction score
Hi guys, Ciao

A friend of mine whom left the dent tech field wanted to sell his scanner - Shining3d so I've tried for a week. (Model: Autoscan-XX)
After several attempt of errors, the tech support in China solved the mystery and finalised settings. It scans 3d. It produces STL files. Accurate enough to play with.

The built on outside looked awesome- Heavy case, black lead. But the inside components and built was... doubtful....
The magnets on the base are super glued (which fell off and tech support suggested to glue it back) and camera and components are held by glue gun materials. Wiring was just 1980s.
Fan seems to be noisy and heats up.

We were happy with existing 3shape D800 scanner, hence decided not to buy. In the end it was donated and never made use yet. A great back up machine collecting dust.

shining3d = scooter from Mainland China
3shape = scooter from Vespa

Hope this helps. :Hello:

NormC

NormC

Reaction score
I'm considering this "cheap" scanner, too. I'd sure like to hear from someone who actually has this, and has used it for a while.

Top Bottom