Dentsply Celtra

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Celtra is a fine-grained, zirconia- reinforced lithium silicate ceramic made by dentsply. Anyone head of it? I finished up field testing it and pretty similar to emax without having to crystallize it.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Could you expound on it's pretty much like emax? Does it come in different grades of translucency? Is it harder to grind or similar?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Please tell us more! Wet or dry mill? Available in 98.5mm disks?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Could you expound on it's pretty much like emax? Does it come in different grades of translucency? Is it harder to grind or similar?
DENTSPLY rep just came by today and mentioned it. I think it is only available for the Cerec machines as of now. It isn't as strong as Emax either. Somewhere around 350 Mp. I really didn't need any more info after I heard about the Cerec deal.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Certainly not jumping in bed with Crew or Dentsply, just looking for more info.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I milled the tester but haven't glazed. I feel like I'm field testing for chairside mills which is the killer of my job...so why help with my expertise? No thanks

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we tried some. They did fine. Looks pretty decent. wet mill for sure

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Anyone head of it? I finished up field testing it and pretty similar to emax without having to crystallize it."

"The material will be available in a millable CAD block format as well as in a pressable format. CELTRA is designed to mill and crystallize quickly to speed up processing times for CAD/CAM restorations."

So which is it? crystallize or not?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
It looks like the same thing as Lava Ultimate to me? If so they can go kick rocks.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
It looks like it's more of an emax than lava ultimate

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
I am not up on all the details of this material but I have heard it can be placed w/o crystallization but in order to max out the strength it should be crystallized. It is not a composite, nothing like lava ultimate. Has a available venering ceramic as well, vm10 or something like that. It is a joint project between vita and degussa. I believe the material is also more of a medium trans range which would be nice.

2bearnest

Reaction score
how does it differ from Obsidian? also where are we on the discussion of emax pressed to zirconia?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i would appreciate if anyone can point me in the direction of some information re: crypton

at this point i need to know its block size and if it has the same adapter as the emax blocks for the cerac unit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Crypton is a fictional planet in the DC Universe and the native world of Superman. In some stories, it is also the native world of Supergirl, Krypto the Superdog, and Power Girl.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
y3Q8oC-conan-obrien-thumbs-up-gif-smaU.gif

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
right. nobody knows. das ist eine mystery.

Top Bottom