New Low Cost Table Top 5-Axis Versamill to be Released at IDS 2015

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
We are excited to announce the debut of the new Versamill 5XS at IDS in Koln Germany.

The new Versamill 5XS is a compact 5-axis dental machining center designed for the wet or dry precision machining of copings, crowns and bridges.

The 5XS can accept input from any dental design program and work with a wide variety of dental milling materials including; wax, zirconia, PMMA, glass ceramic, lithium disilicate and Lava Ultimate.

With precision ball screws, linear guides and rigid frame the Versamill 5XS shares many of the same high quality, durable characteristics fo the larger members of the Versamill family - at an extremely attractive price point.

In head-to-head feature and specification comparisons, the Versamill 5XS out-shines the most popular low-cost dental milling machines on the market today - at comparable or even lower price points.

Versamill%205XS%20withStand_zps9xeo7kdi.png

Last edited:
brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Having a little fun...

2-3%20Vertical%20Versamill5XS%20BoxingRing%20GeneralPromotional_zpskuw5s6nv.jpg

Last edited:
brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Some More Preliminary information. The final release look will be different with more sex appeal.
This machine definitely lives up to the Versamill name, it is a real machine. At $29,900 this could be a game changer...

VersaMILL5XS%20LetterSize%20RevBy_zpsezddenf7.jpg

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Not bad respect Brayks for that kind of mill with such tech. sheet looks like a burner you can ad premilled abutmets too with that power.And if you ad lipsticks as you said maybe a lot of guys want her not sure if Glenn

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im assuming $29k is without cam, without wet option.. etc. So whats the real price to actually use it as listed?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Im assuming $29k is without cam, without wet option.. etc. So whats the real price to actually use it as listed?

Price includes training and your choice of wet or dry processing. If you choose wet the machine stand is included at no additional charge.
Dental CAM Software is HyperDENT @ $7,500 (training part of above training curriculum).
Tooling Packages are still being sorted but to give you an idea, for the 5X & 4X, we offer a package of 25 tools mix of CVC, DLC & TiSiN coatings (5 each: 3mm, 2mm, 1mm, .6mm and .3mm) for around $1,800.
Price does not include CAM computer or shipping.
How many would you like? :rolleyes::p

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

HERES 20$ BUY 11 OF THEM

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I think its still a great price. So can you switch the wet or dry, or do you pick one setup from the factory and thats it..? What size fixture does it have?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Oops, sorry I moved the images so the details were no longer available.
The machine in configured for either wet or dry processing at the factory.
Please take a look at the datasheet above for additional details and images.
Thanks
Steve

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Kind of looks like the old Wieland T1 mill Hmmmm2

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
so same price range of 250 i but some ids offer ollalla

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score

Update. Machine is available in three configurations: dry, wet/dry or wet/wet

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
your machine and 3dbiocad TRUmill x550 look very similar on the internals. like they use the same base machine in a different wrapping.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Oh boy, this is a great question but it requires one of my lengthy answers...sorry.

Basically the same machine, the main difference being fixturing, Versamill standard 3Kw spindle, libraries, templates and of course support.

Last I knew they were using the "stock" fixtures supplied with the machine which means no support at the end of the abutment when machining. We tried that and found the results to be unacceptable. Not sure what pre-forms they are using, their pricing, if they are FDA cleared, what interfaces are supported and what associated components are available.

Here is the supplied fixturing which could never produce the quality of abutment that our solution can provide:
tool-change2.jpg

The main reason we delayed release of our 5X200 was this fixturing.

We could not use base fixture (into which the cartridges fit) so we had to design and manufacture our own (no problem since we are mfg people ;))

Additionally we wanted to use NT-Trading components due to their availability, robustness and had FDA clearance.

We then found the NT-Trading fixture to be inadequate for our accuracy, rigidity and repeatability requirements. We then designed our own fixture to accommodate NT-Trading Pre-forms, which to assure complete accuracy and repeatability and eliminate recalibration between rough-stock forms is finished machined on each customers Versamill.

We also had to create our own NT-Trading libraries to among other "secret" stuff, assure accuracy to the actual Pre-form and include additional stock to allow us to machine down to the Pre-forms supplied interface.

One more thing huge thing we did was create templates to allow machining of the difficult/complex cases our customers were getting.

All the above amounts to what we call "The Axsys Advantage" and a reminder that "...its more than just about the machine".

I think this video details the above:

So that was the long answer. The short answer is the internals are the same and wrapping is different but the "deliverable" is significantly different.

e1402233-7f1e-4c46-b7fb-71d888c41944_zpsadj4iue9.jpg
add1dfae-e82c-48fc-9d3d-b5a6088575c8_zpssk4yijw4.jpg

Here's ours machined on each individual Versamill. Here's how the assembly looks (TRUmill stock fixture on right, Ours bottom left)

Here's the final assembly story:
FixtureAbutmentBlankCollage_zps3mmntxhh.png

Check our website for the difference in the robustness of the abutment solution: http://axsysdental.com/Axsys_Gallery.html

You can get an idea of the quality of machined abutments by looking through the images shown in the abutment section of the gallery.

Blah, blah, blah, I know but I think you may know something about this...;)

I hope this adequately answers your question(s).

Thanks for asking,

Steve

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
steve you had to know i was hoping for exactly that kind of response.

well done.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Good meeting at in Chicago, Brayks.

Top Bottom