Slit design

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Hi There

I was wondering how to design a crown so that i can incorporate a gold slit on the mesial of a crown .I want to get the most retention possible when i cement the slit to the crown .
Thanks

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Hi There

I was wondering how to design a crown so that i can incorporate a gold slit on the mesial of a crown .I want to get the most retention possible when i cement the slit to the crown .
Thanks
Are you talking slit as a thin line of gold running the full length of the crown or more old style anterior tooth gold inlay?

If it’s just a slit, you could consider waxing the substructure along with the slit of gold in one piece and cast the whole thing in yellow bonding gold. I know this will add to the cost but it will save you a whole lot of time cutting back to accommodate the gold, cementing the gold slit you would have to cast anyway and there will be no issue with retention because it will be an integral part of the crown.
The time and hassle saving will more than cover the extra gold cost.

Please post some images of your final crown……always nice to see something out of the ordinary.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
confused-meme.jpg

M

mcfly

Reaction score
More old school Anterior slit . Making it a full crown and then layering on will add serious cost to the job (Gold will be much more ).I was thinking of completing crown then cutting back both palatally and labially ,then waxing a slit -cast-cement -polish

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
You can fire deckgold/aurofilm on to ceramic to replicate gold inays.

M

mcfly

Reaction score
I dont want to replicate it the patient is paying for the slit so i want to incorporate it .

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i am going to use restraint and just not post what i was thinking.
youre welcome Travis
:D