Wieland Reflex Porcelain/Metal

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Ever since Ivoclar purchased Wieland and totally dropped their metal made for the reflex porcelain, we have been having trouble finding a suitable replacement. We've tried Ivoclar Capricorn, some Italian metal, yada yada... from cracks to random small bubbles. It just hasn't been the same. I wish we could just get the Wieland metal.

Anyone else using the porcelain and struggling like us? And suggestions?

The CT range is 13.8 to 15.1

Wieland duo pal 6 was 14.1

Ivoclar Capricorn is 14.1 (got a stress crack on glaze)

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Capricorn looks just like Duo pal 6 from composition, density, and CTE. How many units did you try?

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Just one? I would try a dozen units before thinking the metal doesn't work. You may have had some contamination.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I agree with Ron. I'd be sure I had no contamination, check my metal design, and then be sure I followed the oxidation procedures listed on the package insert. if I did all that perfect, and still couldn't get it to work then I might consider another metal. But I believe Capricorn should work.

Darby Hawkes

Darby Hawkes

Reaction score
I use Argen, Argedent 44sf, which matches your CT parameters. Has been a great metal for singles, up to 6 unit bridge and polishes nice when a metal occlusal is needed. Composition= Au 45, Pd 44.3, In 6, Ga 2.5, Sn 2, Ru <1. Good luck.