Task chair:

E

Empire C&B

Reaction score
Having spine issues. Can anyone recommend a decent chair for lab work?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I have chronic lower back issues that are degenerative in nature, and did a thorough search for a ergonomic chair designs to make sitting tolerable about 14 years ago while in the military. Although the Sensit chair by Kavo was too expensive for the military to purchase, I purchased one for my own lab and have used it for 12 years. Although expensive, it was the best laboratory purchase that I have ever made.

E

Empire C&B

Reaction score
Thanks! Looking into those chairs now

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i heard the Mantis was a good one, though I have not used it. im in the market for some new chairs at this time as well.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I need another good lab chair. My last one, paid over $300. lasted over 20 years, replaced the wheels 3 times before the fabric was embarrassing looking..
These $150.00+ cheap ass Staples chairs are ready for the dumpster after 2+ years..
Anyone know a good chair that will support my fat ass for 16 hours a day when needed ?

sideh0wb0b you may need to buy 2 chairs when your working through the 3rd shift lol

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We bought three of these a couple of weeks ago which seemed great (met the USA distributor at Chicago LMT lab day last year) but now I'm probably going to have to get more because my folks are fighting over them. Click here BQE

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We bought three of these a couple of weeks ago which seemed great (met the USA distributor at Chicago LMT lab day last year) but now I'm probably going to have to get more because my folks are fighting over them. Click here BQE
which style did you purchase? how is it holding up?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
which style did you purchase? how is it holding up?
Your trying to get me to talk about my fat @ss aren't you? It takes a day or two to get use too but holy smokes, it's bad @ss. We got the Comfort dental lab one, comes without the arms. The LMT lab day price was significantly cheaper, and although I didn't order them till a couple weeks ago, they gave me the trade show price for them!!!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I need another good lab chair. My last one, paid over $300. lasted over 20 years, replaced the wheels 3 times before the fabric was embarrassing looking..
These $150.00+ cheap ass Staples chairs are ready for the dumpster after 2+ years..
Anyone know a good chair that will support my fat ass for 16 hours a day when needed ?

sideh0wb0b you may need to buy 2 chairs when your working through the 3rd shift lol
20 years is a pretty good ROI. I've been farting through the cushion on the same lab chair for 16 years. Hoping for a few more.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Your trying to get me to talk about my fat @ss aren't you? It takes a day or two to get use too but holy smokes, it's bad @ss. We got the Comfort dental lab one, comes without the arms. The LMT lab day price was significantly cheaper, and although I didn't order them till a couple weeks ago, they gave me the trade show price for them!!!
ROFL
I like the arms, hence why I asked. I was considering the industrial style but not sure

C

charles007

Reaction score
I found the old paper work that came with this lab chair I bought back in the mid 80's. I remember ordering from a dental lab supplier in Fla ? and the chair is called Aflex by Adusto and shows BioFit Engineered Seating on the paper work.
Chair had a narrow vertical shaped back like the one Rob showed above and a waterfall seat that was very comfortable for long hour at my monkey bench.
I've seen this same chair over the years in sales fliers from other dental lab companies.
If anyone knows a dealer please share, its more than worth any price to have a another one.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I found the old paper work that came with this lab chair I bought back in the mid 80's. I remember ordering from a dental lab supplier in Fla ? and the chair is called Aflex by Adusto and shows BioFit Engineered Seating on the paper work.
Chair had a narrow vertical shaped back like the one Rob showed above and a water fall seat that was very comfortable for long hour at my monkey bench.
I've seen this same chair over the years in sales fliers from other dental lab companies.
If anyone knows a dealer please share, its more than worth any price to have a another one.

Is this the company?
http://www.biofit.com

C

charles007

Reaction score
WOW, I think it is ! will check again later today

Look under Product Environments, then click on Lab...... my chair looked exactly like the one called Emerald EA Series.
Now I need the big boy size with a wider seat lol

THANKS !!!!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
image.jpg I bought two of these "steelcase" chairs, the are very supportive and comfortable.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
From Amazon.com from$850.00 and up, it depends on the cushion. Leather is expensive. The brand is "steelcase"

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
thats a gorgeous area