Porcelain brushes

A

AL1

Reaction score
Anyone using the N.Era synthetic brushes from smile line?
Looking for a stiffer brush than kolinski to build and refine anatomy.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Already have spring loaded, thanks for your input on the N.era

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score

You might like renfert brushes. good point and stiffness, decent life, comparable to others, n.era included. I tried n.era, was hoping for more out of them, didn't try again. As always, to each their own.

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score
Buy it #8 very good early, but in 2 weeks tip bend, not serve to detail occlusal Anatomy again buy and just happen, shave point and single-use to load large quantities and detailed with MPF

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I find this brush works well. A lot has to do with how wet or amount of moisture the sponge has also.
image.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I use the Renfert brushes also.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I do have some renferts in the lab somewhere.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I'm a minimalist as far as instruments and brushes go. My instrument drawer for waxing has 4 instruments in it. My porcelain bench has 2 instruments and a brush. Taking into account the whole brush, I prefer the smile line double end wooden handle brushes. They last reasonably long but the thing I like the most is the brush weight and balance. Not saying it's for everyone but if you are at a trade show and have a chance, try them out.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
48675055.jpg

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Just been using a couple of new Ceramicus brushes this morning.

First impressions are very good, still early days but they point up really well.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Renfert takanishi...no. Renfert Ceramicus....YES.

User you sound like 'Radio'....in the diner...."I'll have both"

And btw you're really showing your age mentioning Takanishi....Funny

I like em both also.

designasmile

designasmile

Reaction score
I like the M.P.F. Evolution Series by Peter Pizzi. It's a non-spring brush with replaceable brush tips.
Zahn sells their line of brushes and instuments. http://mpfbrush.com/ http://mpfbrush.com/evolution-series-inspired-by-peter-pizzi/

I like the Smileline brushes, but the M.P.F. has a metal handle with serrations built in to lightly vibrate porcelain as needed.
I did not like their N.era brush. http://smilelineusa.com/porcelain-brushes

I have also tried and like the new Lay:Art brushes from Renfert. "Ergonomically contoured handle with a Soft Touch surface -
very light and well balanced for optimum handling. The three different sizes (#4, #6, #8) reflect the required amount of water and porcelain for each working stage. The fine design of the "slim" version reduces the moisture release and also facilitates a more delicate technique. The more robust "bold" brush in contrast enables higher moisture release and makes it easier to take up larger amounts of porcelain.Previously unknown long service life and resilience of the brush tip. One of the special features of the lay:art brushes: the tip is formed by many above-average, fine-tapering hairs of uniform length. This significantly increases the resilience and service life of the tip, as the mechanical stress is distributed over more hairs." The bruch tips are not repalceable. http://www.lay-art.de/en/lay-art-style