Creating Natural Dentures TechBook

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I've seen one at work. Picture heavy. Manufacturing specs for appliances. Some basic tooth arrangement and one or two rotational variations for "natural" set up.
It's a good tool for a production based standard but if you already have basic steps down don't bother.
Trubyte has a pamphlet about suggested characterized arrangements that will suggest far more.
And here that is for nothing:

http://removpros.dentistry.dal.ca/RemovSite/Docs_files/Anteror Arrangements of Trubyte Teeth.pdf
That is very helpful. If that is beginner I would say I am intermediate.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Did you ever try that apricot mead?

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
If you're looking for base contouring take some pictures of natural tissue with dentition. Should be fairly easy for you. If not use the pictures they printed out for us at the Ivoclar course. Frame the pictures and put them up in front of your waxing station. Try to mimic the contours in accordance with the tooth position. Think about how the attached gingiva will be stretched over the root and lose gingiva will look different in color and texture. Use your imagination (and the pictures).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
That's my problem, I think like an engineer, not an artist.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Then think of the bone as substructure and how it affects the overlaying tissue. Problem solved

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Then think of the bone as substructure and how it affects the overlaying tissue. Problem solved

I do, and I have the generals down, just depth, texture, length. Ive been doing this less than two years so I don't have the feel dialed in.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I need to pound the data until something clicks.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I need to pound the data until something clicks.
One word of advice: stay away from pathology.
Too many "artists" are posting on FB wax ups with Stillman's clefts and interproximal triangles that only add realism because they mimic disease.
I think that's lazy and would never pass QC in a reputable lab.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Lol, engineer mindset make everything function as good as possible then make it pretty within limits of function.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
These are denture patents so generally oral hygiene hasn't been a forefront of their priorities.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Lol, engineer mindset make everything function as good as possible then make it pretty within limits of function.
That's an excellent view.
Gingiva should be nearly self cleansing.
Form should be guided by that function

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
understanding basic function - freeway space, suction, seal, and then pairing that to shape for why festoon is a specific way and then knowing when to make the call to use X plane teeth will be way more helpful. Else you copy what looks good but it may never actually be good because it's not a "good" denture, it's a "hot" looking denture.

kinda like the smoke show at the club, you wouldn't take her home to meet mom, but that 1 night stand...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The CDT people say my base contours aren't good.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Was that feedback from the actual test, or just cdts on this site?
The test, apparently my 12 of 12 occlusion on completed dentures translates to 6 of 12 on the wax up. I failed my test by .72%

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that JK. I was wondering about the results. That was such a small amount for you to have been held back by. You are obviously very sharp, so maybe let it go for now, and try again in the next year or two?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
October they can go F themselves after I take this test though lol. 7/hr raise missed my mortgage options holding back moving .72 has really put me up sh*t creek.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
October they can go F themselves after I take this test though lol. 7/hr raise missed my mortgage options holding back moving .72 has really put me up sh*t creek.
I hear third time is a charm. Three little letters are costing me thousands.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
three little words (maybe two little words) have cost many men many millions.