Restorations Du Jour

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
If you have another UCLA laying around weigh it and multiply by 6 and subtract from waxup weight. Otherwise you can figure 1 or 2 dwt per unit (if palladium based alloy) and then go from there for your button...more is better in this case!
Ok thanks I did that.
It came to 1.5 oz. . Haven't made a casting this big in a really long time. I have been doing them in sections and welded them together. Wanted to give it a try with the casting machine.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Al.

They show that it is possible for the surgeon to place the implants in the proper locations.

Are you making guides ?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Al.

They show that it is possible for the surgeon to place the implants in the proper locations.

Are you making guides ?

No I really don't know how to do that. I would want to take some courses on how to first.
Sure I could do a wax and dupe it and make a suck down but I'm sure there's alot more to it to makemit proper and responsibility that goes with that.
Always been to busy and didn't want the responsibility if something went wrong.
I make wax ups if they want.

I'm sure most the implant companies have courses. Never looked into it.
Seems more hassle than not. I figure having to stop regular work flow and with shipping the profit is low and it's comes out to a service you do for a little money ?

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Al why you do the blue smaller waxed sprues ? hmmmm looks interesting

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Great presentation so far Al. as always I cant wait to see the finished casting and case.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
The ones on the lingual are handles to clip hemostats to the others are vents in case there are gasses or air it will push gasses out onto them, but they may be unnecessary since the casting is made under vacuum.
For touch casting I vent pontics to let gas escape.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The ones on the lingual are handles to clip hemostats to the others are vents in case there are gasses or air it will push gasses out onto them, but they may be unnecessary since the casting is made under vacuum.
For touch casting I vent pontics to let gas escape.

Big tap off buttons and pig tails...

Z

ztech

Reaction score
In the support section of the websites they usually have the alloy weights of the UCLA abutments. If you can't find it posted, their costumer service should have it.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
In the support section of the websites they usually have the alloy weights of the UCLA abutments. If you can't find it posted, their costumer service should have it.

Thanks ! I did not know that.

ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_1_zpsf647d1ab.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_3_zps75ca8890.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_2_zps2edc1bfc.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_4_zpsebcf2d68.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_5_zpsc9468ba5.jpg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_1_zpsf647d1ab.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_3_zps75ca8890.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_2_zps2edc1bfc.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_4_zpsebcf2d68.jpg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_5_zpsc9468ba5.jpg

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Looks like you nailed it with the alloy amount! How many dwts. did you end up using?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Al.
The quality of the casting looks great as far as denseness is concerned, but I'm not sure the fit is there. Looks likeq and you may have to section and weld. It could be its just hung up, looks like the runner is touching the tissue. IMHO.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Beautiful Al

The access hole on #4 is going to be a bitch to keep strong, I hope the bite is way lingual and he can't get to the buccal cusp when he functions

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
All the access holes suck, it's barely able to be screw retained. Doc insisted and said the temps are perfect as screw retained. I wanted to make it a combo of screw retained and cement especially because of that cuspid.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I cut off the sprues and heat treated it and really don't think I could improve on the fit if I cut it.
I think I got lucky but there isn't a horse shoe here.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
The provisional has the teeth flared way out to compensate for the access holes but the Dr says they look good that way.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think Al likes his new casting machine

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
For me the risk involved with making a one piece casting on screw retained is when it rocks or isn't passive, trying to pin point the place to cut it. Usually make an extra cut or two that isn't needed.
Every once and a while everybody gets lucky.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I think Al likes his new casting machine
Well I haven't named her yet.

Like you said that cuspid is a problem so what I did is build that way long and right now it has a cuspid rise that clears everything in the metal but its not in centric occ. So rather than make definite metal lingual contours I'm going to put a skin of porc over the functioning part of the cuspid rise. Really Emax PFM or Zir I hate having a line of demarcation or juncture where the layering porc and frame meet in the functioning part of the cuspid that seems to be a nice fracture point. Am I clear as mud ?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
How long did it take her to melt all that alloy for you?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
From some of the studies that were done by a Prosthodontist resident I know, the area that you are referring to is prone to fracture because the metal burnishes over the porcelain and causes the fracture. Wise to keep it in areas that are later in the excursive movement to minimize the occlusal loads. I noticed the multiple abutments size and types, always a biatch when they plan them that way.