Zurlus FC Stain on Emax

G

Gene

Reaction score
Has anyone used Zurlux FC Characteraization stain on a Full Contour Emax cr? I do not have any thing emax but had to have on for an acct. Also have ArtiStain kit for PFM,s. I have heard there are some issues with CTE with over glaze on emax
Gene

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure what CTE issue you speak of? What glaze? And you're not clear, you had to add on to an emax?

Artistains work fine, no CTE issue.

G

Gene

Reaction score
I was under the impression that you had to use only eMax glaze on emax, because it could cause your crown to possibly fracture . That is what I ment with the CTE. I was wondering if any glaze would work. I also use d-sign for PFM,s and have D-sign glaze with artistian. We waxed a full contour cr and had another lab press for us, the cr will come back to me unfinished. I will have to glaze and stain before I can send to Dr. So the question is, can I use my current stains and glaze or should I purchase emax products?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I think zirlux fires way too high

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Gene, I was using my Artistains but did get the emax shade pastes just because. Pastes apply better on a smooth rubber wheeled surface. Just leave the surface green stoned or diamond and the Artistain should be fine.
not sure what glaze does not" work. I spray glaze mine . fire the stains first then glaze. Lots on here like the GC NF kit. Do you have the Universal Glaze with your stain kit? That would work too. Just more difficult to apply.

Temp rate 108F, to 1416 under vac, release to 1418, cool 4-5 min.

Last edited:
G

Gene

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help and suggestions. Ordered emax glaze paste and will use my artistains.

Top Bottom