Zubler scanner

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ill let you guys know how this scanner does as well. Waiting for them to wake up in Germany....... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362775741.767659.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362775749.451220.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362775741.767659.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362775749.451220.jpg

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Wake them up !!!! Whtite light with exocad ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It is a breuckmann scanner, No?

I think very close to the KaVo Pro scanner, and also the d-Station. (Same insides)

So, What do you expect from this unit?

How did you end up with this? What happened to your review of the new B&D Scanner?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
White light, dual camera coupled with exocad.

Scott, they never sent me one? Something about a dongle etc etc. my guy left there and went to core3D a few weeks ago so I doubt I will hear much from them anymore...

I'm not sure what to expect at the moment. I spent the morning at a lab in Atlanta that does a few hundred bars a month. Had scanners I've never heard of as well as a few custom built milling units. We discussed scan
Bodies, Ti bases, different CAM software, the expense of a collision!! And each of his 7 different scanner brands. He had a scanner that looks like nothing I have seen before. This guy is all about extreme accuracy and willing to pay the price for it. I guess I am looking for more accuracy? Even though he mentioned that he thought the Medit scanners were very very nice.

I should see how it does Monday? And let you guys know.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
If it is a Breuckmann then I think you are going to like it, never going to be as good as the one Scott sells @ (5 micron )but still a very accurate scanner I think the dental units they make are certified at 15 micron, not bad really.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. It is a very nice scanner.

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Scott,
Question, when your discussing scanner accuracy are you talking across the arch, or is this the accuracy of the scan of a die?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
To answer that, you must first look at my balls Bob. :eek:

My scanner came with a certified ANSI BarBell test object to verify accuracy, along with a matching data file to be used for only that object and it's own serial number.

It is One of the most common ways to prove accuracy for optical measurements in short range.

Steinbichler can confidently claim with bragging rights to it's accuracy, and they even send customers a way to test it themselves.

Pretty cool, huh? It is an ANSI accepted method of measuring. Pretty much the only One that really means anything.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0024_zps748446e9.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0024_zps748446e9.jpg

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
They never told people 7um by the way. I happened to be around the discussion. That's why there was no statement from Zubler. They will not post anything without having 100% proof behind it.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Thanks Scott. Someone should run your balls through all the scanners available and publish the results. It's too bad we really have no industry standardized process for determining and then publishing scanner accuracy. Just wondering, when a scanner manufacturer publishes accuracy, it could be across a single die or an entire arch. Obviously, a +-15 um accuracy across the arch is much different than a 15um deviation of a single die.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I think this result that I speak of is for all data points +/- within a scan.

That would be the entire width of the field of view. Each data point I would assume?

The scanning software plays a role is how the data is processed, and is almost as important as the hardware itself I think?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Scott, I was curious if I could order that scan object somehow? Be nice to have to measure accuracy for comparisons?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
White light, dual camera coupled with exocad.

Scott, they never sent me one? Something about a dongle etc etc. my guy left there and went to core3D a few weeks ago so I doubt I will hear much from them anymore...

I'm not sure what to expect at the moment. I spent the morning at a lab in Atlanta that does a few hundred bars a month. Had scanners I've never heard of as well as a few custom built milling units. We discussed scan
Bodies, Ti bases, different CAM software, the expense of a collision!! And each of his 7 different scanner brands. He had a scanner that looks like nothing I have seen before. This guy is all about extreme accuracy and willing to pay the price for it. I guess I am looking for more accuracy? Even though he mentioned that he thought the Medit scanners were very very nice.

I should see how it does Monday? And let you guys know.

Seven different scanners huh? He was not happy with any of them, and kept searching for the right One??

You would think if any of them were worth a crap, then he'd have multiple of the same unit, no?

Does that make any sense. Just thinking out loud... :confused:

M

martintay

Reaction score
Wow, a few hundred bars per month !!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Seven different scanners huh? He was not happy with any of them, and kept searching for the right One??

You would think if any of them were worth a crap, then he'd have multiple of the same unit, no?

Does that make any sense. Just thinking out loud... :confused:

Lol. Look, I'm not mentioning him to be put on your chopping block. I was just impressed. Very educated, professional, nice guy. Shares a lot of info. That's all.

He ordered what was best at the time. As technology improved, he got it. Common sense, no? Especially when your milling the complicated geometries constantly throughout the day like he does.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Chinese/Taiwan Laser scanners? Oh, very nice indeed!

I think you should get One, or even Two.

Looks like you are on the right track to some serious scanning.

Sounds very cheap, I mean super-accurate! :rolleyes:

I don't mind buying some products from China, but a scanner?? No WAY!

TurboDent is/has been at the bottom of the pile since day One.

What other amazing toys did this guy have? Just curious.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Those were the first he had. He has scan optics, I metric, 3shape, dental wings and one that cost three times as much as any dental scanner I've seen. Very nice guy.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
ok. whatever.

Steinbichler is still better than anything hes got Jason. I'd bet anything on it.

If it makes you feel any better, then I paid 3x as much for mine as the Medits.

Forgive me for arguing with you, but I just can't help it. LOL

Scan Optics = Smart Optics maybe? I have had a couple of those. They are gone now.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Master 2 3180" CL x Ring Gauge | eBay

I have Two Master Ring Gagues at work I could send ya.

They are very very accurate hole in steel.

You would need inspection software to measure the hole in your scan data, or try to measure some other way I guess?

I have Two that are measured down to a 100,000th of an inch, or around +/-.25um (Less than One micron tolerance at 20 degrees Celcius, or the standard temp. for measuring thingys)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Lol I know Scott;) it's just when a guy is ordering Ti by the ton pretty regularly for bars, I listen:)