Zr opaque liquid

G

Giovanni Bellamacina

Reaction score
Just be careful using these "opaquers." The way they opaque is by introducing a material that will prevent the zirconia crystals from "bonding together, creating air gaps between them. This causes the light to bend or refract as it passes through, creating opacity.

That is the upside.

The downside is that this also damages the zirconia. If applied too heavily it can weaken and even cause thin margins to warp.

We (Ivoclar) don't have one for that reason, and suggest it not be used on any of our materials.
Hi Patrick, thanks a lot for your advices, can you kindly provide some lectures to have insight on what you just mentioned ? Thanks in advance

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Why not opaque the abutment or tibase?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Where would I buy Chang's liquid?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Does any other company sell a similar product?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Does any other company sell a similar product?
Origin. I use Effect Shade White Opaque #3 because I like to dilute it with color liquid (blue) 1:1 which then gives enough intensity to see better where I'm applying it. A lot of people like the #2 (medium intensity) but I think they're using it straight.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Origin. I use Effect Shade White Opaque #3 because I like to dilute it with color liquid (blue) 1:1 which then gives enough intensity to see better where I'm applying it. A lot of people like the #2 (medium intensity) but I think they're using it straight.

Thank you.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I received an email saying Changs can be ordered again..

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
why not just opaque the abutment?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Add extra die spacer to buccal and fire miyo snow on the inside of the zirconia.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Add extra die spacer to buccal and fire miyo snow on the inside of the zirconia.
The liquids do work pretty slick though, they go on even and consistent. It's nice to have a bottle of that stuff sitting around :)

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
What about lingual mesial distal and occlusal. Picky dr. believe it or not.
Add extra die spacer to buccal and fire miyo snow on the inside of the zirconia

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Agree, that could go on a little inconsistently and not fit right. Go get you some bottle of that magic stuff, shazam ;) :)
And since this won't be an anodized surface, I would really get the #3 stuff, as you may need to put it on straight. Or, re-read
this thread, as I think someone else mentioned another vendor's liquid? The "Changs" white stuff is pretty intense.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Its been a while I thought this was an anterior. I don't typically buy a product for one off crowns, also my Drs would remove the metal. I would extra die spacer and fire white inside the crown. Fit the crown to the die afterwards with some fit checker.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Agree, that could go on a little inconsistently and not fit right. Go get you some bottle of that magic stuff, shazam ;) :)
And since this won't be an anodized surface, I would really get the #3 stuff, as you may need to put it on straight. Or, re-read
this thread, as I think someone else mentioned another vendor's liquid? The "Changs" white stuff is pretty intense.
Already in the process of getting Chang's. The company that manufactures it now sells it directly. At least that's what they said.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Its been a while I thought this was an anterior. I don't typically buy a product for one off crowns, also my Drs would remove the metal. I would extra die spacer and fire white inside the crown. Fit the crown to the die afterwards with some fit checker.
It's a bicuspid. The liquid is around $50 so no big deal. If I don't use it again I will paint my nails with it or something:eek:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Already in the process of getting Chang's. The company that manufactures it now sells it directly. At least that's what they said.
That stuff will do the job. When you get it, be sure to fire a couple of test crowns, one with straight liquid, and one cut 1:1 with distilled water to get an idea of the intensity you will need. Even on anodized abutments, I use Origins cut with water routinely on my zirconia implant crowns.