Zirpress

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I have this 5 unit anterior case. Substructure Lava. I want to use zirpress, cut-back and stack incisal layer. Their ingots only comes in small. Has anybody stacked e-max ingots? I think I will need 2 ingots.
Should I just build-up? I would really prefer to wax-up.

Thoughts?

Pgguy.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have e.max porc?

Depends on how nice you want it.

I would press with a cut back then add your incisal porc.

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Do you have e.max porc?

Depends on how nice you want it.

I would press with a cut back then add your incisal porc.

Can I put 2 small ingots in the investment? I have the e-max porcelain...its not a high esthetic case either

C

charles007

Reaction score
2 sm ingots ok

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Can I put 2 small ingots in the investment? I have the e-max porcelain...its not a high esthetic case either

Yes I use 2 small ingots all the time.

You should consider all your anterior cases highly esthetic, even if its for a Kentucky hillbilly, and a backwoods Dr. your name is on that case and you never know who will see it.

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Put your pattern on the scales so you want cut yourself short. Not a highly esthetic, only cut the inc 1/3 to layer . (2 sm ingots ok)

Yeah and hope it dosent move. The last 2 implant pfm bridges I pressed to moved.

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Yes I use 2 small ingots all the time.

You should consider all your anterior cases highly esthetic, even if its for a Kentucky hillbilly, and a backwoods Dr. your name is on that case and you never know who will see it.

Hi Al,

I agree with you about anteriors being high esthetic, this case is just a simple enamel layer build up, no "special" details as far as effects needed. I'll probably add a little somethin somethin though. This is my first Zirpress case...Have you done Zirpress? How does it look?

Pgguy

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sorry about the scales, cutback, will edit that post......Me bad, not thinking clearly tonight.

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Al,

I agree with you about anteriors being high esthetic, this case is just a simple enamel layer build up, no "special" details as far as effects needed. I'll probably add a little somethin somethin though. This is my first Zirpress case...Have you done Zirpress? How does it look?

Pgguy

Pay special attention to the tissue area.

For zir press I would carry the incisal all the way down to the height of contour to give it more trans.
Not just the inc 1/3. Use a little OE1 on the distals to give a bit more trans in these areas and mabey use some OE2 to highlight the M and D line angles and the height of contour to help make them look more individual.

Instead of just laying your incisal on the frame add some fingers of your body shade on the edge for a smooth transistion between frame and incisal and mabey fill them in with OE1 or mabey a small amount of Trans blue then lay down your incisal.

It dosnt take much to make a noticable difference. Only 3 or 4 different incisal powders in your impulse kit and and extra 15 minutes.

Go very light on the external stains or it may come out too dark like this did on the gin area.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_a5.jpg

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Pay special attention to the tissue area.

For zir press I would carry the incisal all the way down to the height of contour to give it more trans.
Not just the inc 1/3. Use a little OE1 on the distals to give a bit more trans in these areas and mabey use some OE2 to highlight the M and D line angles and the height of contour to help make them look more individual.

Instead of just laying your incisal on the frame add some fingers of your body shade on the edge for a smooth transistion between frame and incisal and mabey fill them in with OE1 or mabey a small amount of Trans blue then lay down your incisal.

It dosnt take much to make a noticable difference. Only 3 or 4 different incisal powders in your impulse kit and and extra 15 minutes.

Go very light on the external stains or it may come out too dark like this did on the gin area.

WOW, that is beautiful work Al!

Al, would you attach a sprue to each unit on the 5 unit zirpress bridge?
I'm guessing so, because the instructions had a picture of a 3 unit with a sprue to each one.

Thanks,
pgguy

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Yes, sprue to EACH unit. Also for pressing to zirconia, I found a couple tricks! To completely stabilize the frame during the pressing, I take an old cosmopost (which is a zirconia post) place it inside one of the abutments (or if I have several abutments I might use 2) during investing. I'll slowly invest, then carefully fill up the abutments and then stick the post inside, then invest the rest of the way. Has worked great every time, never any movement.
A tip for Al when pressing to metal - make sure your waxing little "T" bars, fishhooks or "tangs" on the units to keep things from moving. I forget this just ONE time and never forgot again.