ZirPress for Thin Veneers

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with getting other opinions.

I've done a ton of veneers(refractory) and if I never see another one that's fine with me. They can be the most beautiful restorations we can do, but sheesh a lot of work and if something goes awry......start again. Pressing emax cores is easier, but still a p.i.t.a. I'll leave that for the young bucks with something to prove.
You don't like having 15-25 veneer cases with no physical retention on the model keep falling all over the place when you look at it, even when dunking your model in a pool of gorilla glue?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You don't like having 15-25 veneer cases with no physical retention on the model keep falling all over the place when you look at it, even when dunking your model in a pool of gorilla glue?
Lol, that's part of it. I finally had to raise my veneer prices to ridiculous level to get them to stop sending them. There are other things to do in the lab than to try and satisfy a middle aged patient trying to go back in time. Lol

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Would "exposed" incisal edges (1-2mm above tooth prep) be of any concern? Not sure what protrusion looks like yet as cases havn't arrived.
As long as the occlusion and excursive movements are protected, should be no problem (similar concepts to any other porcelain restoration). Over 2mm, then it becomes problematic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
As long as the occlusion and excursive movements are protected, should be no problem (similar concepts to any other porcelain restoration). Over 2mm, then it becomes problematic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
What is/are the advantages of EE over MT?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Would "exposed" incisal edges (1-2mm above tooth prep) be of any concern? Not sure what protrusion looks like yet as cases havn't arrived.
very much a concern. Id absolutely use GC LiSi and do a thin shell with mamelons into the missing inc area not just for strength, but to break up that abrupt change in color and translucency youre going to see with just a glass veneer.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score

Try clear hair pomade to stick veneers on models with no retention. It works grrrrear actually. I pretty much use that now for everything to keep them from falling off my dies or working models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk