ZirPress...a big one

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a bridge soon that wont fit in a 200gm ring. Its a Zro2 that's going to be done with ZirPress. I just received the ring, base and a box of fat plungers from Ivoclar that will handle up to 6 ingots, but I don't have a program in my Zubler for a 300gm ring. I haven't found the numbers in Ivoclars book either...doesn't mean its not in there, I just haven't found it. (?)

I did read that they say to leave the units imbedded in the investment and only divest up to the sprues; cut the sprues to relieve any tension and reduce the risk of fractures before finishing divesting, so Im glad I caught that.

Anyone done a 300 and care to share some numbers?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Not at the lab to look, but if you have the Zirpress manual you may find the pressing parameters for 300gm ring in the back pages.?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Page 73 has press settings for ep500 and ep600.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hopefully someone with an ep3000 or 5000 will look at the furnace settings and chime in.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
the regular ep5000 program in the press for the 300g Zirpress:

B700deg; heat rate 60deg; High temp 930deg; hold 40min.

Hope this helps. DO make sure you burn it out long enough. It takes a long time to get the heat to soak into the 300g ring. If you don't wait long enough you'll get short pressings.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ill have to look at my programs for the 100 and 200gm and compare them to the chart in the book to see which Im running closer too. I also sent a note to Chris at Zubler since he upgraded my varios. Those guys have realy been helpful with everything in the past.

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Well...I set a program and did the press last night. Zubler Vario 300. Set it up on an iPress program, 920 high temp and 40 minute hold, max press time 12 minutes. Its an anterior bridge, #5-12, double abutements with the bis and cuspids.

The press cane out short; missing the glass on the buccal of the bis and the cervicals of the cuspids. My sprues were just a tad longer on those than the rest of the bridge, but still within the length parameters recommended by Ivoclar.

To tweak everything...do you think I should raise the press temp or add a little time on the 'extra press time' option?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I would add to the press time. You'll get more reaction layer, but should press completly. My $.02

user name

user name

Reaction score
I haven't noticed reaction layer on any ZirPress. Since Zubler is a sponsor here I think Ill shout at them on their page here too. My first inclination would have been to up the temp a few degrees, but Im unclear how the Zubler parameters actually work..for instance, I could make the 'max press time' option longer, so whats the purpose of being able to enter time under the option 'extra press time'?

Any way, the shortage on this bridge was symmetrical so its not going to be a big deal to fill in a bit. The patient was really nervous. Im replacing an old UGLY pfm bridge. Different materials, change color, shape, everything. Im betting she'll cry at the seat appt.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I don't have a Zubler, I'm an ep5000 guy, so I can be of any help with programming that furnace. I pressed a huge 3 unit bridge with a large e.max ingot and the press time was 11:58. I can only imagine with the amount Zirpress ingots needed to press a bridge that large you would need more time for a complete pressing. On the chart listed above for 300 gm rings a 40 min hold is the standard.

Top Bottom